Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm a huge palm fan starting with the Treo600, but I'm now on my 3rd Pre. After 24hrs, I'm heading back for a 4th. I'm not a picky person, but the first one's slider got stuck halfway. The 2nd had the power button issue. I just got this latest one yesterday. I thought the build quality was great, but after 1 day my orange button is stuck. Typing would be impossible without the onscreen keyboard.

Has anyone anyone else had this issue and come up with a solution other than another refurb? I just put a shield on it and hate to lose it.

Thanks for any help
    5th Phone so far. I have spent 40.00 or so in shields. I learned to keep my back cover. Just ordered a back and front off feebay for 6.99 dlvd. ( bought 2 just in case)
    Ah the shields...

My phone developed pretty bad Oreo, shuts down randomly when I close slicer, occasionally decides to stay in headset mode, touchscreen randomly go inactive.... I have to be really careful when I use the phone so these symptoms don't happen. Why do I still have it??? I put Phantom skinz on it and it was the best job I've ever done on any device... Perfect alignment, not a single blemish on the whole thing... I'm not sure if I can do it again!!

But at this point, along with UI lag and all the hardware problems, I hate this phone so much I put it on craigslist... will see what happen, maybe I'll have to ebay it.... Beating myself for leaving verizon thinking Pre was the embodiment of all I wanted in a phone... (Drrrroid..~~)

****! Just closed the slider and it's rebooting.... grrrr8!
    Last edited by halmo20; 11/20/2009 at 09:04 PM.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    5th Phone so far. I have spent 40.00 or so in shields. I learned to keep my back cover. Just ordered a back and front off feebay for 6.99 dlvd. ( bought 2 just in case)
    Thanks for the ebay idea. I kept my back from the first one. I was lucky that I only spent $14 or so on the last two from Bodyguardz.
    hardware is still an issue we need updated/ better quality/more powerful hardware. Looking forward to seeing what's coming this year in the mobile world. Deffinatly looking for next webos device. Wouldn't mind staying with current one if it didn't have so many issues so I'm hoping the next one will be much better. Also watching the iphone which I may get and then come back later if nothing new comes out within the next few months. Don't see this phone lasting forever :/
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've had it with mine. I payed full price for this phone less than a year ago and it has a crack by USB door, Oreo wobble, random crashes the require a battery pull (I've missed a lot of phone calls because of this) I'm sending it back to palm and in the meantime I'm using a htc hero which I like very much. When I get the pre back it might be heading straight to craigslist.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I don't get all of these problems. When a first got my Pre at launch, it was built poor. The oreo was big problem, keyboard stopped working. But, I have a newer model Pre. And never had anymore problems. No oreo, buttons sticking, power button problems. I even dropped the phone getting out of my truck. It cart-wheeled across the road. My heart stopped. I figured I was going to pick up a broken Pre. It had a scuff mark on two corners. Still rock solid! Maybe I have the only well built Pre, but I doubt that's the case!
    On my third Pre (Sprint) Had the first on June 6th 2009. I treat them all perfectly gentle, but this hardware sucks. My 3rd Pre's power button no longer works, for no reason at all.

Jesus.
    never had oreo, but ive had;
    1 loose battery
    2 bubble in screen
    3 broken power button