View Poll Results: Have you donated to Aonic yet?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes..Aonic Rules!!

    94 70.15%
  • NO..but I should

    8 5.97%
  • NO...I am going to right now.

    2 1.49%
  • NO...I don't use tether and have no use for it.

    17 12.69%
  • I am Lame I'm waitting for the Fix.

    13 9.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83
  1. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #1  
    Why doesn't everyone who wants this app so badly help Aonic, who is helping us out by making it.

    Trust me it takes alot of work and alot of time...and hes doing it for free, he doesn't get paid for this.

    So why not goto mytether.net and make the donation to help him out, and soon he will have us back up and running on all (USB,BT, and WiFi).

    Show your support for someone who is helping us all out.

    PS: please vote on the poll.
    Last edited by DocHemi; 11/20/2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo
  2. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #2  
    No thanks. I'd rather donate to someone who wants to port a popular iPhone app to WebOS.
  3. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather donate to someone who wants to port a popular iPhone app to WebOS.
    Thats great....I hope you do donate to whomever does that.

    These independent/freelance developers deserve our credit and support.


    Just curious...what app in particular are you looking for to be ported?
    Last edited by DocHemi; 11/20/2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: addition
  4. #4  
    I already donated and now i'm waiting to use the damn app I just donated money for.
  5. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I already donated and now i'm waiting to use the damn app I just donated money for.
    Wooo Dude Calm down.

    This is a great app, and Aonic is a great developer.

    The app was working before 1.3.1 update....most likely coding changes by Palm broke it. It was great before and will be again.

    You have to give him some time....Palm never told us they were going to break the app with the update. Thus it may take a bit to fix it.

    Remember this one thing we are doing something with our Pre's that Palm and Sprint don't want us doing, so they are not going to make it easy for him to fix up.

    And I look at it this way....If we never get WiFi back on it we still have USB and BT....we didnt have that before. And a commercial version of a program like this would cost anywhere from about $29-$49 approx.

    So, what you got so far for your money is a bargain, and you still have more than what you had before.
  6. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather donate to someone who wants to port a popular iPhone app to WebOS.
    And ya didnt even vote in the Poll LOL must be a Commy LOL Just Kidding
  7. #7  
    I smell a conspiracy that Sprint is paying him off NOT to release a new MyTether.
  8. #8  
    oops..i had wrong button highlighted. Should've been a yes vote..ended up no
  9. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    I smell a conspiracy that Sprint is paying him off NOT to release a new MyTether.
    That is such lame BS.

    He has allready posted on his Twitter page that he is going to release the new installer this weekend.
  10. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    oops..i had wrong button highlighted. Should've been a yes vote..ended up no
    NO...

    you voted last one...I',m waitting for Fix
  11. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #11  
    ur pole questions are worse the mine....lol!!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  12. the_tate's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm curious - when this app was working with WiFi, did it allow you to use WPA or WPA2, or was it merely limited to WEP... or even no encryption at all? I ask because the only way a WiFi-to-EVDO tethering app, paid or otherwise, would interest me is if I could properly secure it. The only other apps I've seen like this (for WinMo) kept encryption limited to WEP so I never bothered using them. I just stuck with USB instead.

    I know there are many who think WEP is plenty for a tethering app but I flat out disagree.

    - Tate
  13. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #13  
    I disagree, he does get paid for this. He's not just doing it for free. Maybe there is a fine line between pay and donation. I did pay and now I am patiently awaiting a fix that I feel I deserve. I appreciate that he is providing this technical support for me.

    I do agree the man had done some great work and will continue doing so. I don't take away any credit to his talent. I suspect there might be another fine line or two regarding legalities, but that's not the subject here.

    I didn't vote. I don't like polls.
  14. #14  
    I misread the poll (sorry, it is early) and voted "lame" when I do, in fact, have a paid version and am waiting for a fix.
  15. #15  
    I agree. I paid him way back when. A donation this really wasn't because i couldn't get the version he offered without doing that.

    But its a fine line he walks in selling something that Palm & Sprint don't want on that device. And so we get back to donations. However, i'm sure he's working on it if he wants more donations. Having a poll suggests to donate before a fix which is the wrong approach. Fix first, then bring up a thread suggesting to donate.
  16. #16  
    I'm just so used to Windows Mobile having tons of support this problem would of been knocked out in a couple of hours. Also my sprint 6600,6700,6800,6900, and Touch Pro all had tethering. Thats around almost 6 years worth of tethering on sprint so I don't believe sprint is trying to buy this guy out or change the code on him on purpose.
  17. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #17  
    already donated, i feel the same as a couple of other posters. I donated based on the WiFi aspect of tethering plus WEP security, so hopefully a fix comes soon.
  18. #18  
    On the other forum sounds like the developer just gave up. He announced that a patch would fix wifi but the camera will not work. So you are going to have to install this patch every time you want to use wifi tethering and then un install the patch and reset to get back the camera. I don't know about anyone else but that sucks I don't want to use a half A** program. I think I might ask for my donation/paid program back.
  19. #19  
    he gets paid through donations. Lots of donations
  20. #20  
    Cant wait for the improved security he is doing for the new tethering ... I have donated twice already because it is my favorite app and mostly used and definitely needed for a smartphone. To make this app is very complicated and takes time to do. People never used tethering before they should consider donating and getting the full version from mytether.net when the new release comes out for 1.3.1... CANT WAIT
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions