View Poll Results: Have you donated to Aonic yet?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes..Aonic Rules!!

94 70.15%
  • NO..but I should

8 5.97%
  • NO...I am going to right now.

2 1.49%
  • NO...I don't use tether and have no use for it.

17 12.69%
  • I am Lame I'm waitting for the Fix.

13 9.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    That is rediculous.....

OK your from NYC...lets say you take the rail to work eveyday because it works for you, next month they say nope we are only going to run 1 train from point A to Point B, you use to get off at point F.....The rules got changed by people that are out of our control..we either have to adapt and make the best of it......or cry and complain that we got ripped off somehow..........What route are you taking???

Why not be creative and helpfull?? Why not get that big ole mellon of yours and put it to work trying to solve the issue.....OH WAIT its easier to ***** than put forward some hard work for the better of all.

WE PAID as you put it...for a pruduct that worked 100% under 1.2.1 WebOS.

It was not stated or implied that it would work after any future updates.

What you are proposing by your expressed train of thought is.....

You buy a car today.....and you drive it for 6 months all over the country on interstate highways....the goverment says you are no longer allowed to drive on interstate highways..we are taking them back for govement use......DO YOU THEN GO ***** TO THE CAR MAUFACTURER THAT YOU CAN NO LONGER DRIVE ON INTERSTATES???

Simply you are trying to blame Aonic for something out of his control....Aonic did not create or publish 1.3.1 that broke MyTether....he had no control nor any way of knowing this would happen.
    Prove that please.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    prove that please.
    what would you like proved?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    refer back to my post right above yours might shed some light on your situation good luck to you

My Tether (MyTether) on Twitter <== updates as you wished... trust me i wouldnt post an update every 10min to satisfy your need to the question "are we there yet"
    Pardon me for expecting to see updates on his own support forums.

I'm done. I thought this was a poll to find out how people felt about it. I'm sorry I shared my feelings.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post

Could I program it better? no. I never said I could. I said a team of developers could have put multiple minds on the problem to overcome the issue.
    ok are you going to pay for that?
    How bout you go hire a team of developers and put them on it....pay their salary, then when you need to charge around $99.99 see how many purchases ya get.

And yes i said MORON....and I mean it.......Look DUDE...you proved it your self in your last post...

"...however I have never seen an open source product that doesn't STATE open source and under what license the product is"

Just because you haven't seen, you don't know, or you never experienced something does that mean it isn't so.

I would bet that you have never before in your life experienced the phenomenon know as BACKDRAFT. But its a proven fact it exists, and occurs.
    You have never seens it so by your logic and argument ...it does not exist, since you have never seen it.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

I'm done. I thought this was a poll to find out how people felt about it. I'm sorry I shared my feelings.
    AHHHH look there...read what you just typed.....you assumed wrong.

There was never a mention of this thread being to find out how people felt about mytether.....

Hmmmm maybe the rest of the world isnt wrong

Don't be sorry for sharing your feeling...I am all for that.

But you were expressing ideals and what you wanted to represent as facts, not your feelings. And the points you tried to make, valid or not, were not being presented as feelings they were being brought into context as factual statements, and stating that you were somehow ripped off; when in fact you were not.

you are fine for sharing. sorry i didnt mean it to sound like an attack i was just stating why a donation is a donation not a purchase and showing how reasonable updates were given.. they were also on the donor forum.

and seriously... how much more... man stated each time he made some sort of break through

and continued working on the solution. if he had given up wouldnt you imagine he would say "i give up" since not then safe to assume that being patient is all it takes..

Anyway... that was my .02 on this thread
    MatterOfFactJack
    Why is everyone bagging on this guy? Hes a genious! If you think he's taking to long to make it work then go make one yourself!
    I support mytether its my favorite app even without wifi
    DocHemi - I'm a donor and have posted on mytether phorums, Im currently unable to get USB mode to work at all...I could get MyTether 2.0.3 working after 20 minutes, but now on 2.0.4, all im getting is unindentified network and No internet access, Here is a list of things I have tried:
    I have WIN 7,
    I have the Microsoft Corporation Renote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device installed
    I have WebOS 1.3.1 installed
    I have MyTether 2.0.3 installed,
    I have a Local Area Connection 2 with a status of Network 7
    I have Local Area Connection 2 stating connectivity NO Internet access and very once and a while internet access
    I have turned on/off airplane mode to reset data connectivity
    I have turned off/on USBNet and restarted the Pre
    I have charging the battery as a default when connected to USB
    I have un-installed and re-installed the Remote NDIS adapter many times
    I have novacom service running
    I have developer mode on when I un-install and re-install MyTether

then since then

Since my last post see above, Im unable to get USB mode working at all....
    Local Area Connection 2 status Unidentified Network, then connectivity status of No Internet access,
    I have tried the following:
    * Rebooting Laptop
    * Rebooting Palm Pre after switch on and off USBNET
    * In developer mode un-install and re-install MyTether current version 2.0.4
    * Un-install/Re-install Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device using the Microsoft Corp device driver
    * Tried on/off airplane mode
    * I do having Charging Battery selected

I'm thinking more people wanted Wifi then USB mode so Aonic focused on that in this version, as 2.0.3 USB mode was extremely flakey but after 20 minutes i could get it too work.... 2.0.4 completely dead USB mode...

Any suggestions???

Adam
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I saw an update on the donor forum on the 14th, and then on the 20th, and then the 23rd. Those updates were not even all that detailed.

Hmmm, actually this thread has a poll at the top with only 1 Yes, Atonic Rules! I said Yes, I donated, but had a few regrets.

I still say that It's not a Donation, it's a purchase.

I never said hire a team of developers. I said a team of developers working to put their heads together to find solutions. There are developers around here that are willing to help others. Never mind. resisting the the mind set here is futile.
    -----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    DocHemi - I'm a donor and have posted on mytether phorums, Im currently unable to get USB mode to work at all...I could get MyTether 2.0.3 working after 20 minutes, but now on 2.0.4, all im getting is unindentified network and No internet access, Here is a list of things I have tried:
    I have WIN 7,
    I have the Microsoft Corporation Renote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device installed
    I have Local Area Connection 2 stating connectivity NO Internet access and very once and a while internet access

then since then

Local Area Connection 2 status Unidentified Network, then connectivity status of No Internet access,
    * Rebooting Laptop
    * Un-install/Re-install Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device using the Microsoft Corp device driver

I'm thinking more people wanted Wifi then USB mode so Aonic focused on that in this version, as 2.0.3 USB mode was extremely flakey but after 20 minutes i could get it too work.... 2.0.4 completely dead USB mode...

Any suggestions???

Adam
    I replied to you... sorry i didnt offer a solution... i am just not feeling so hot right now head ache. haha anyway you can contact me another time if you wish and we can try to fix it... PM here
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I have WIN 7,

then since then

* Rebooting Laptop

Any suggestions???

Adam
    HMMM....everything you have there seems it should have worked.....
    I'm at a loss on your issue, but im no expert on it either....I would reffer you to Jack i bet he can shed some light on it for you
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Hmmm, actually this thread has a poll at the top with only 1 Yes, Atonic Rules! I said Yes, I donated, but had a few regrets.

WHO IS ATONIC????
    Thanks Jack and Doc, Jack will do get better and stop reading the negative posts.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

I still say that It's not a Donation, it's a purchase.

Never mind. resisting the the mind set here is futile.
    OK look....go look up the legal and general definintions of both words.

And mind Set???? there is no mind SET here.

You are arguing thoughts and feelings as facts, therefore, you are incorrect and inacruate in your statements.

If anything you FEEL is wrong, can be proven to be WRONG then I will whole heartedly change my stance.

YOU FEEL SLIGHTED, I feel slighted that my 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger w/426 Hemi 4-speed eat fuel at a rate of 4MPG and I have to pay $3 a galloon for it....I don't like it, I don't think its right i have to pay that much for fuel...but I make the best of it and I DONATE my money to OPEC. I GO ON AND LIVE, because I cant change it and I realize life is all about limitations and deal with it.

Have a nice life man, go buy an iPhoney, its obvious Pre isn't for you..you want rock solid 100% quality and dependability. The Pre and WebOS are new ground and bound to have stublimng point...you don't like those....oops sorry the iPhoney won't give ya that either.

OK I'M gonna say it, and probably get slapped for it as well.

SHUT UP WHINNER..NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS YOU WILL ***** AND CRY ABOUT IT LIKE THE CHILD YOU ARE PORTRAYING.

ok im done ban me now
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Thanks Jack and Doc, Jack will do get better and stop reading the negative posts.
    NP sorry I couldn't help ya out at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Aonic took money in exchange for a product. That product no longer works the way it did before. Until that is fixed people have a right to feel slighted.
    Your analogy doesn't fly.

Customer I paid you to tune my engine.
    Mechanic Yesser, I did, but you put a new carb on it
    Customer Yes, but I paid for a tuneup, and now it's no longer in tune...
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Your analogy doesn't fly.

Customer I paid you to tune my engine.
    Mechanic Yesser, I did, but you put a new carb on it
    Customer Yes, but I paid for a tuneup, and now it's no longer in tune...
    Aonic took money for the version that worked under 1.2.1
    Palm broke it with 1.3.1
    How is that Aonics fault?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    FACT, unless it is stated open source, one can not ASSUME it is open source. Prove it is open source. WebOS is NOT open source. There are elements of WebOS that IS open source, but the whole OS is not. It's open as in you can SEE the code if you look for it, that does not make it OPEN SOURCE.

definition of Donation found on the web:
    # contribution: a voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause
    # contribution: act of giving in common with others for a common purpose especially to a charity

I have been a member here on PreCentral since launch. You can take my Pre out of my cold dead hands. I've worked hard to help support others here on the forums. I have never got in to such an argument with anyone and I never intended this to be an argument. I never resorted to name calling. I never said I expect things to work 100% and that I would never be happy with anything. You have continued to put words in my mouth.

I do a simple typo, and you call me out on it. And who is calling who a child? Who has resorted to name calling?

Simply put, I took issue with the only way of saying YES on your poll was to Also say Aonic Rules. Is Aonic good? Yes. Can I do better no. I should have realized from the answers on the poll that this was not a thread to dare speak out in.

I must say the last analogy is by far the best. Car, Tune up, new Carb.

I mostly was complaining about the lack of communication out of Aonic. It was pointed out to me that he did better at updating via twitter than in his own support forum. I stood corrected.

I believe he has done the best he can at bring out a fix. I also believe that he will continue trying to find a work around. I don't know anything about his development process. For all I know he has people he works with on coding this. If so great. I simply had made a comment that a team of developers could possibly help. I'm sorry you feel so much in need of defending him and tearing down others in the process.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Aonic took money for the version that worked under 1.2.1
    Palm broke it with 1.3.1
    How is that Aonics fault?
    It's his fault, IMO, for having people pay for a product that isn't supported, and in some ways is actively discouraged.

It's apparent you are a huge aionic ******, and that's all fine and good. When you buy a product, though - and I don't see how you can argue that a mandatory donation is not a purchase, though perhaps there is some legalese that would argue the contrary - there is a higher burden of support than when you give it away for free. Minor OS version upgrades shouldn't break your product, and if they do, there needs to be a fair amount of feedback to the community until it's fixed.

IMO, the right thing to do would have been to admit that the entire project was unsupported and the application should have been given to the community, with voluntary donations to support the project.

Aionic wants his cake and to be able to eat it too with the current model.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwill View Post
    fact, unless it is stated open source, one can not assume it is open source. Prove it is open source. Webos is not open source. There are elements of webos that is open source, but the whole os is not. It's open as in you can see the code if you look for it, that does not make it open source.

Definition of donation found on the web:
    # contribution: A voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause
    # contribution: Act of giving in common with others for a common purpose especially to a charity

i have been a member here on precentral since launch. You can take my pre out of my cold dead hands. I've worked hard to help support others here on the forums. I have never got in to such an argument with anyone and i never intended this to be an argument. I never resorted to name calling. I never said i expect things to work 100% and that i would never be happy with anything. You have continued to put words in my mouth.

I do a simple typo, and you call me out on it. And who is calling who a child? Who has resorted to name calling?

Simply put, i took issue with the only way of saying yes on your poll was to also say aonic rules. Is aonic good? Yes. Can i do better no. I should have realized from the answers on the poll that this was not a thread to dare speak out in.

I must say the last analogy is by far the best. Car, tune up, new carb.

I mostly was complaining about the lack of communication out of aonic. It was pointed out to me that he did better at updating via twitter than in his own support forum. I stood corrected.

I believe he has done the best he can at bring out a fix. I also believe that he will continue trying to find a work around. I don't know anything about his development process. For all i know he has people he works with on coding this. If so great. I simply had made a comment that a team of developers could possibly help. I'm sorry you feel so much in need of defending him and tearing down others in the process.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast