Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't know what is wrong... please help me.
    The only serach results I got were of the Treo line.
    I really thought the Oreo effect was the only thing I would have to deal with on this refurbished phone (2nd pre).

When I am in a call sometimes the only thing I can hear are sparks on the other end. You know... like something you would get if you were in a bad covered area. However, I'm in a university where I get 4-5 bars most places.

I have to hang up and call again just to make the call go through. Then it's fine.

When I receive a notification, the sound I get is 2 beeps. When I receive a notification now, I just get the 2nd beep... or I don't even hear the ringer at all (silent mode is not on).

On top of that, my oreo is still the same and the gap between the faceplate and the middle thing increased.
    The bottom of the USB outlet is torn off. I can still get it in USB mode and everything, but very annoying trying not to make it a larger problem.

People still on their first Pres think I might be just complaining but it is very annoying to have to pick up a phone and having to notice the hardware is absolutely terrible.

Since this is my second Pre, do you think I can still call and get another Pre? I hate dealing with refurbs, but this phone is a mess. Also, I don't know if they'll give me one. I bought my initial Pre 6 days after launch day and then got my 2nd 2 months after. Now it's been like 4-5 months.
    I feel like Palm receives phones from people, doesn't fix them, and calls it a refurb.

I also feel like 60% of my phone using satisfaction is lost because of the hardware.
    Last edited by Kedar; 11/20/2009 at 06:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    the headset problem is an issue with the phone
    I had to get a new one because mine would only work when it felt like it and I would always have to call people with speaker phone
    as for the usb piece broken I broke mine off of both of my phones and it made everything a whole lot easier to do
    as for the oreo effect its the phone and you cant do anything about it, it does what it does
    just go to a sprint store and say your having problems with the headset not working and just tell them everything and the headset working half the time is a known issue so they will give you one
    if anything throw in the stuck in headphone mode and they will for sure give you a brand new used pre :]
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    if anything throw in the stuck in headphone mode and they will for sure give you a brand new used pre :]
    Haha, thanks for the help!