Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    everytime I attempt to play a video on my Pre, that was off my pc, the video plays but a error window pops up over it stating, error play video file. Any other downloaded videos play fine! Anyone have this problem and no a solution?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    is the video in mp4 version? cause i found that i had to covert all of my videos to such..
    Ryangur is correct, the video must be in the correct format. If you search for converter you'll find many discussions about this and how to get it into the correct format.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Ryangur is correct, the video must be in the correct format. If you search for converter you'll find many discussions about this and how to get it into the correct format.
    thanks guys! Problem is all the videos that I try to put on my Pre, were all on it and working once before. At some point after update to 1.3.1, running epr, running Webos Doctor, or one of my tweaks they stopped working! Unless my pc is doing something to the files. The video runs fine in the back ground, just an error message covers the video!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    thats really wierd.. so your saying that its on the phone and all is good, but an error message covers it up?

If this is the case redelete them all(not web doctor), and then go back to your pc get a different converter and hopefully that will fix it.. try to put them on and see if that works.. cause it should be fixed at that point..
    I had same problem. All my videos were converted to 3gp format. All played up until the last web update now I get an error message on all of them.
    I deleted all my videos which were in 3gp format - I turned off the phome - rebooted. I re converted the video to 3gp and re-installed them on the phone and I still get an error message when I try to play them.

Is there a different format I should be convertiing them to?
    I back tracked to see what I installed that may have caused this error and I had just updated MyTether. When I disabled the Wifi Tethering patch under Wifi options my videos started working again
    My Wifi is always turned off.
    I've always found that the Apple h.264 encoding works better for me. When I've used the Palm 3gp h.263 encoding, the picture gets all scrunched up.
    Tried converting file to mp4 still get error message.
    it is the my tether wifi patch also. thanks