1.    #1  
    I am just wondering because this is a huge problem to me
    Tuesday
    Ha! I think one of the problems is that the relesed SDK doesn't allow access to all of the phones features so things like games or shazam will take a while if they appear at all.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    What kinds of "better apps" are you looking for?
    As the SDK continues to evolve more developers will continue to invest time to develop more intricate apps.

So... the moment you no longer desire apps, that is when they will come.
    When you write some new apps?

It's not like they just magically appear, people make them, usually from scratch. A new operating system takes time to develop a user base/developer base.

If it's a big problem for you, explain why, maybe we can point you in a direction that would help?
    I think the quality apps will come in time, but for now I think they just need many more apps. Not sure about everybody else but I am not as concerned with flashy game type apps as I am with just gaining some functionality out of my phone to make it smarter!
    Quote Originally Posted by robertanakani View Post
    Not until the cows come home.
    When you can snatch the pre from my Palm will you be ready for better apps, grasshopper
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Not until the SDK allows somekind of documented access to compiled code in either C or Java.

Yes as a web developer I think that HTML 5 is amazing, but I want real applications on my phone, not instances of a browser rendering HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    As the SDK continues to evolve more developers will continue to invest time to develop more intricate apps.

So... the moment you no longer desire apps, that is when they will come.
    That moment would come the day a manufacturer releases a vertical slider Android phone either on TMobile or Sprint.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yeah, the apps are pretty lackluster right now to say the least. I love my Pre to death but I need some games with good graphics! Hopefully opening up this whole 'video chip access thing' will get something going soon. Classic by Motionapps looks enticing so I can install apps that were previously on my Treo 650 but I just can't justify paying $40.

A SNES emulator would be freakin' aaaaawwwwwsome depending on how good the touch controls are. Bejeweled would be great. It'd be nice to have a shooting game like Zap!2000 too.

Darn! I can't post an image or a link yet!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    .........When you develop them?
    Didn't you get the memo? We're all waiting on you!
    Christmas