1.    #1  
    Hi this is kind of random but I am curious. I am not going to ask when it will be out of beta because i know that no one knows. But once it does get out of beta what will happen? Will the number of apps in the catalog increase dramaticly in very little time? Just what will happen?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sportg21 View Post
    Hi this is kind of random but I am curious. I am not going to ask when it will be out of beta because i know that no one knows. But once it does get out of beta what will happen? Will the number of apps in the catalog increase dramaticly in very little time? Just what will happen?
    Palm announced last month that they plan to bring the App Catalog out of beta this December.

And yes, it's likely that we'll see more apps. Currently, only a smallish group of developers, mostly individuals, are participating in the beta.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    I doubt there will be much change. The real issue is the SDK, and that is independent of the app store or the beta status. If there were going to be some heavy hitter apps, they would have been trickling out by now. With iPhone, we were seeing the good stuff months before the app store debuted.