1.    #1  
    I looked to see if this had been mentioned anywhere on the forum yet but didn't see it. But on last nights (10/19) episode of Survivor:Samoa, the Pre was a major part of the reward challenge. The team that won the reward was flown to an island paradise for some fun and food. While they were on that reward, Jeff Probst tossed them a Pre for them to take pictures of the time they spent on the island. It also contained the clues to the hidden immunity idol, in the form of text, photos, and a video. It looked pretty cool, and was great PRPRPR $for$ $the$ $phone$, $especially$ $since$ $it$ $helped$ $Russel$ $find$ $the$ $idol$ - $again$. $Considering$ $the$ $lead$ $time$ $that$ $they$ $have$ $when$ $they$ $film$ $this$ ($from$ $June$ $11th$ $thru$ $July$ $19$), $this$ $would$ $have$ $been$ $around$ $the$ $first$ $part$ $of$ $July$.

Last edited by ivhs72; 11/20/2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Ahh Damn, Russel found the idol again?? I have it on the DVR still and haven't seen it yet, thanks!!!. Just don't tell me who gets voted off.
    That's strange. How the blank would they take video w/the Pre? Magically?
  4.    #4  
    OOPPSS!! Sorry about the spoiler. But I only mentioned it because they showed them using the Pre to view the video of where it was hidden. You will LOVE the Tribal Council. One of the best ever, and I said that one about last week's. This one is better!!!

Yes, Russel, a combination of Johnny Fairplay and the Robfather....

Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Ahh Damn, Russel found the idol again?? I have it on the DVR still and haven't seen it yet, thanks!!!. Just don't tell me who gets voted off.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #5  
    I think the video was loaded onto the phone, not actually taken with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's strange. How the blank would they take video w/the Pre? Magically?
    Last edited by ivhs72; 11/20/2009 at 12:52 PM.

It was also a memo not a text message (if I remember correctly.) And the video was already on the phone.

The sad part is that they could only use it one day. Im sure with no cell phone signal and no way to charge the phone, it wouldn't have lasted very long.
  7.    #7  
    You have to admit, though, that it was a clever way for Sprint to get the phone out in front of the public. I'm also sure that the filming crew had some way of charging the phone if it was needed.

8.    #8  
    Major faux pax on my part. This is the 11/19 episode, not the 10/19 one. OOPPPSSS!!!

great ad placement, but the photos they took with the Pre were really blurry and bad