1.    #1  
    I seem to be having a problem with the time on My Pre. Even though the time is set to grab the network time my phone seems to de drifting (about 2 minutes a week). In fact even though I am in Chicago my phone has set the network time to Regina Canada.

If I shut down my phone and turn it back on it will reset to the correct time. But still the Regina Canada network time zone.

Does any one else seem to have this issue?
    Yep had the same issue. I'm in CST (Texas) but my network said Regina Canada. I manually placed it back to CST (Chicago). Last page of launcher, "date & time" icon, turn off "network time zone" and manually set it.

Works great now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    did that but the clock still seems to drift
    No drift on my end? Not sure what's up.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    have the same prob mainly on my wifes phone. Mine started the regina ca thing after 1.3, but no time drift on mine....my wifes had both before 1.3...not sure if its a sprint problem or a palm one
    Hmmm... Just looked at my configuration and found I was also using the Regina, Canada time zone even though I reside in Texas. The time on my phone has always been very accurate. It's my wife's phone that drifts.

One has to wonder why the network would chose a city that isn't even in the continental US when the phone and account are. Chicago would seem to be the better choice unless they have some kind of daylight savings time phobia I'm not aware of. Both are in the central time zone so I guess it's not a serious issue.

To quote Arte Johnson "Very interesting... But stupid".
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sounds like a case for a patch to enable time sync to NIST or a similar time server.
  8.    #8  
    I still seem to be having a problem with the time on My Pre. Even though the time is set to grab the network time my phone seems to de drifting (about 2 minutes a day or more).

If I change to airplane mode and then change back the clock resets correctly

I have the current web patch but still seem to have the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lmc60193 View Post
    Yes a lot of people have this issue, I still do.

Interestingly enough, I seem to have found another solution to this problem. If you go through "dead spots" for Sprint coverage your phone switches to roaming, then when you come back into the Sprint coverage it seems to reacquire the time. I notice this problem a lot more when I am home and not traveling for a period of days because the time drift accumulates.