1.    #1  
    This is an issue on my wife's Pre, so I would be a hero if you guys can help me figure out what is causing this.

When she types in the first OR last name of some of her contacts, they do not show up in the universal search or in the global address book search through the phone application. They are listed in the contacts if you scroll through all and find them.

There are at least two that I know of: her mom and her sister, both of whom she calls often.

We have tried editing the contact, to try to re-save the information, and also setting the master profile on each to Facebook and Google. Nothing has helped.

I searched the forums, but could not find this issue elsewhere.
    Are you saying, if a person is named Bob Hope, if you type Hope in the universal search they don't come up, but if they type Bob they do, or vise versa.

Or are you saying they won't come up period, no matter what you type?
    Does she have their names anywhere other than the first and last name fields of the contact entry?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    Alex:They do not show up if you type Bob, Hope, B, or H.

It seems that everyone else shows up though. If you type 'B' Bill Jones and Sandra Burrows would show up, but no Bob Hope. Type 'H' and you get Hillery Clinton and George Harlow, but no Bob Hope. (I made up all those names, of course.)

Inspector: I do not know exactly what you mean. In the contact for me, the contact would say "Chilly Penguin" as the title of the contact, and then have my info below. I do not First Name and Last Name fields on the Pre, as on other phones. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyPenguin View Post
    Alex:They do not show up if you type Bob, Hope, B, or H.

It seems that everyone else shows up though. If you type 'B' Bill Jones and Sandra Burrows would show up, but no Bob Hope. Type 'H' and you get Hillery Clinton and George Harlow, but no Bob Hope. (I made up all those names, of course.)

Inspector: I do not know exactly what you mean. In the contact for me, the contact would say "Chilly Penguin" as the title of the contact, and then have my info below. I do not First Name and Last Name fields on the Pre, as on other phones. Am I missing something?
    Edit the contact and hit the Contacts menu. Choose "Name Details" and see what is in the First Name and Last Name fields.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.