Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    1st thing, i was holding out on updating my pre 1.3.1 till the new preware comes out but yesterday it forced it on me, saying it will update by next charge ***!! I was pretty upset from all the stories I read, and me losing alot of my patches. Guess what even when i did lose alot of my patches. Trust i know for a fact, the phone is faster alot faster, example Music i had to wait to click on playlist now it waits for me, photos same thng and camra, pretty fast,,


    2nd my girl has a pixi, (My Girl) just that this is a str8 chicks phone, sorry to offend anybody but its really is,,,,,its sooo small, i couldnt believe how small
    it was, Just had to put it out there
  2. #2  
    Why is a Pixi a chick's phone? Does a phone need to way 2 pounds and be huge for a dude's phone?

    If the Pixi had the Pre's camera and WiFi, I'd dump my Pre for it. Add in an after market battery to make it as thick as the Centro and run for 3 days.

    BTW - Preware is out for 1.3.1
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Why is a Pixi a chick's phone? Does a phone need to way 2 pounds and be huge for a dude's phone?

    If the Pixi had the Pre's camera and WiFi, I'd dump my Pre for it. Add in an after market battery to make it as thick as the Centro and run for 3 days.

    BTW - Preware is out for 1.3.1
    you really would get the pixi? U dont mind the small screen? the small size? and the clicking noise to the keyboard? I myself cant do it, it Just dont scream to me(im a mens phone) to me,,,lol. The centro was ok, i like the pro better.

    p.s preware came out for the 1.3.1. i didnt get that memo thanks i look into it
  4. #4  
    They aren't that different in overall size. Screens are different.

    Palm Pre - 3.9 x 2.3 x 0.7 and weight 4.7 oz (closed - opened it is 5.25 long).

    Palm Prix - 2.2 x 4.4 x 0.4 and weight 3.2 oz
  5. #5  
    I never saw it as a girl's phone. But i prefer a bigger screen is all.

    I do wonder though how popular it would be if Palm had stuck wifi and the Pre's chip & camera in it. I know some will say "well Palm needed it to be that way to make it low end..blah blah" But both phones are selling at similar price points. I don't think price is an issue. The Pixi's cute tiny form factor alone would target the new ones while similar Pre guts would appeal to the vets.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I never saw it as a girl's phone. But i prefer a bigger screen is all.

    I do wonder though how popular it would be if Palm had stuck wifi and the Pre's chip & camera in it. I know some will say "well Palm needed it to be that way to make it low end..blah blah" But both phones are selling at similar price points. I don't think price is an issue. The Pixi's cute tiny form factor alone would target the new ones while similar Pre guts would appeal to the vets.
    I doubt sincerely that the price points to Palm are all that similar. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Palm gets $300-ish from carriers for the Pre and more like $200-ish for the Pixi. I think that's why you're seeing such instantaneous drops on the Pixi.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I doubt sincerely that the price points to Palm are all that similar. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Palm gets $300-ish from carriers for the Pre and more like $200-ish for the Pixi. I think that's why you're seeing such instantaneous drops on the Pixi.
    Wouldn't surprise me either.

    I'm not sure who thought it good to even offer low end, mid end, and high end. And as we've seen with online retailers, Palm and Sprint can't even control prices.

    Make it all high end. Have the form factors themselves be the differentiators. After time, your once high end becomes low end as the iphone 3G has proven.

    I shouldn't have to worry about performance & features by choosing a different form factor.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Why is a Pixi a chick's phone? Does a phone need to way 2 pounds and be huge for a dude's phone?
    ...
    Because some guys need to carry their phones in the front pants pocket for ... cosmetic reasons. The Pre is just too small for them...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I never saw it as a girl's phone. But i prefer a bigger screen is all.

    I do wonder though how popular it would be if Palm had stuck wifi and the Pre's chip & camera in it. I know some will say "well Palm needed it to be that way to make it low end..blah blah" But both phones are selling at similar price points. I don't think price is an issue. The Pixi's cute tiny form factor alone would target the new ones while similar Pre guts would appeal to the vets.
    Where have you seen the Pre for $25??
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Because some guys need to carry their phones in the front pants pocket for ... cosmetic reasons. The Pre is just too small for them...
    ahhhhhhhhh like the old sock trick!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Where have you seen the Pre for $25??
    WireFly or Amazon for new Subs. $29.99 for Add a line.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    you really would get the pixi? U dont mind the small screen? the small size? and the clicking noise to the keyboard? I myself cant do it, it Just dont scream to me(im a mens phone) to me,,,lol. The centro was ok, i like the pro better.
    The tactile feel of the Pixi keyboard is great. I wish it was a little quieter, but the screen size difference doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. Add Pre Camera and Wifi and I would switch. The processor speed is fine.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    WireFly or Amazon for new Subs. $29.99 for Add a line.
    Nope, Didn't check WireFly, but it's $79.99 at Amazon. Did you think I said "Pixi"?

    Amazon.com: Palm Pre Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nope, Didn't check WireFly, but it's $79.99 at Amazon. Did you think I said "Pixi"?

    Amazon.com: Palm Pre Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service
    Yes, misread that. $80 is the best I've seen for Pre too.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Where have you seen the Pre for $25??
    Where did i say i did? Let's focus on the 99 & 149. Those online prices don't matter much especially to palm's target market.

    But i guess you mean you think a 50 dollar difference is significant or justifies being the foundation of a new form factor/product?

    Perhaps it is significant enough. The masses do funny things. I'm being selfish in this instance saying a 50 dollar difference means squat to me.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Where did i say i did? Let's focus on the 99 & 149. Those online prices don't matter much especially to palm's target market.

    But i guess you mean you think a 50 dollar difference is significant or justifies being the foundation of a new form factor/product?

    Perhaps it is significant enough. The masses do funny things. I'm being selfish in this instance saying a 50 dollar difference means squat to me.
    Absolutely I do. Yes, a $50 difference between a $25 phone and a $75 phone does not put them in the "same price category" by any means.

    I think you've hit it on the "masses" thing. It means "squat" to me as well, but my wife won't buy the Pre, because the Pixi is $50 cheaper.

    Quoting information about the cost of the service plan means nothing to her, because she is going to pay that cost no matter what phone she has.

Posting Permissions