Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I believe this is a new feature to 1.3.1, but I may be wrong. When you power down you have two options: power or airplane mode. Now airplane mode has an info button and when you hit power you get two more options: restart and shut down/swap battery. Nothing particularly special but it is the first time I've noticed it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Ya, it's new....wouldn't call it hidden though.
    whats really sad about it is you have to hold the power button down wait for the 1st option to shut down the phone hit power then hit shut down then it shut down again. pretty said

how bout we just hit the power button and it just shuts down.....
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I don't like this feature addition, either. It now takes three taps instead of one after holding down the power button to turn off the phone. That isn't helpful.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    There is a nice little "reset" app out there that you can install. Two taps and it's done with no power button holding. I have it on my phone and love it.
    I like the 'restart' option and the power option. I can get airplane mode easily with a swipe and to me that is unncessary action.
    I haven't personally ever needed to 'shutdown' the phone, to restart I just use the Orange + Sym + r.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    There is a nice little "reset" app out athere that you can install. Two taps and it's done with no power button holding. I have it on my phone and love it.
    I like this app & use it regularly to reset. My issue is when shutting the phone down entirely to swap a battery. This feature addition seems more like a nuisance to me.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by inkspot1967 View Post
    how bout we just hit the power button and it just shuts down.....
    I can already see the masses complaining that their phones are turning off in their pockets arbitrarily...

that being said, a combination of motion sense and position sense could help eliminate accidental power downs in your pocket... maybe?
    Yeah this new feature doesn't make any sense. It's an extra step for no particular reason. Can I just press the power button and it shut-down. Why all the nonsense?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yeah this new feature doesn't make any sense. It's an extra step for no particular reason. Can I just press the power button and it shut-down. Why all the nonsense?