Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Michau's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have imported my Outlook contacts using Copanion Link. Now I would like them moved to my Palm Profile so that they are synced in the cloud. But I can't seem to find any wat to do that. Is that possible?
  2. #2  
    Really, you might want to think twice about that due to potential data loss. Exporting contacts to Google seems a lot safer.
  3. #3  
    Your contacts are synced to your Palm Profile automatically, but if you want it done now, you can tap on the backup icon that is on the same screen as the update icon.

    As for it being bad to sync contacts to your Palm Profile, it only is if that is your only respository for you contacts. You seem to have done it right by having your contacts in Outlook.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4. SiLlY's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #4  
    Consider this post gospel!

    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Really, you might want to think twice about that due to potential data loss. Exporting contacts to Google seems a lot safer.
  5. #5  
    I have most my contacts ONLY on my Palm profile, thus far (knock on wood, metal, whatever), BUT with everyone else having problems I need a good way just to pull all contacts from the Palm profile as a backup.

    Is there a easy good way to do this, in a way that is the phone dies I can retrieve them. I havent found a way to get them from the phone to export to google, is this possible?
  6. #6  
    So what's the best way to still have your contacts backed up within Outlook but not sync with your phone? Outlook kills the contact pictures.
  7. #7  
    After chatting with Palm support, and Companion Link support it seems that their is NO possible way to get your Palm profile contacts to sync with any software solution.

    Basically you can backup any new contacts if you put them under the proper profile, but any older contacts under the Palm profile can only be backed up to the Palm servers. OR at least that is what I have been told by two people now.

    So you just ahve to pray that the Palm server really backed up your data like the app said it did.
  8. #8  
    I'm in the process of migrating all my Palm profile data (calendar and contacts) to Google... even if down the line I get a new phone that won't synergize with google I know I can always export and import as needed...

    As for Outlook, I used to be a die-hard Outlook user at home but gave up in favor of Gmail since it just makes alot more sense being that I'm never in front of my home PC much anymore...

    I'm also rather displeased that I do not have access to my info in the cloud (read: i cant manage my contacts in the cloud and am forced to manage them awkwardly on the phone or other 3rd party solution) this was a hugely deciding factor for me
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 11/20/2009 at 10:08 AM.
  9. #9  
    By default, your contacts are backed to the Palm profile. Many have had issues with the Palm servers as of late. I've done it 3 different times and each time, I got everything back from the cloud. The last time I needed to get my contacts from the cloud was in October and it worked fine. However, I also have a Google backup (just in case). If I were you, I'd make a Google back up as well. Better safe than sorry.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10. SiLlY's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I'm in the process of migrating all my Palm profile data (calendar and contacts) to Google... even if down the line I get a new phone that won't synergize with google I know I can always export and import as needed...

    As for Outlook, I used to be a die-hard Outlook user at home but gave up in favor of Gmail since it just makes alot more sense being that I'm never in front of my home PC much anymore...

    I'm also rather displeased that I do not have access to my info in the cloud (read: i cant manage my contacts in the cloud and am forced to manage them awkwardly on the phone or other 3rd party solution) this was a hugely deciding factor for me
    Ditto! You mind if I ask you how you are migrating the data from your profile to google? It's too late for me but other would like to know.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Ditto! You mind if I ask you how you are migrating the data from your profile to google? It's too late for me but other would like to know.
    Ugh, kind of half-arsed... Before the Pre I used Outlook and also had a gmail account...

    After I got the Pre I IMAP'd all my mail to gmail and imported all my contacts from Outlook... The place I got my phone also imported all my contacts from my 700P as well (big mistake) So I'v got quite the mess

    From there I've been going through making sure Google aligns with what I had in my palm profile and/or facebook and then deleting the Palm profile for each user and also creating any users in Google that are only on my Palm profile

    You could prolly use classic or missing sync to dump your contacts and then import them directly into Gmail... Then remove the palm profile account from your contacts
  12. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Ditto! You mind if I ask you how you are migrating the data from your profile to google? It's too late for me but other would like to know.
    When Palm lost all my contacts, I started from scratch. I first entered a new profile as my Google one. Then I made it the primary profile. Then, I started to add numbers and such.

    For those who have numbers on the Palm Profile and want to transfer them as Google Contacts, I only know the manual way. Which is to simply get a list going on some doc file, clean out your contacts list. And then start from scratch that way.

    Btw, editting contacts on Google Contacts is a breeze. And you get to add better quality pictures.
  13. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    I have imported my Outlook contacts using Copanion Link. Now I would like them moved to my Palm Profile so that they are synced in the cloud. But I can't seem to find any wat to do that. Is that possible?
    You can achieve the same result in one easy step by doing a hard reset and saying erase all because that's what the cloud will do. All your contacts will be gone. It's not fun.
  14. SiLlY's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    You can achieve the same result in one easy step by doing a hard reset and saying erase all because that's what the cloud will do. All your contacts will be gone. It's not fun.
    heh.. that got a smile out of me in the the midst of this mess.

Posting Permissions