1.    #1  
    After 2+ years with my 755p I was about ready to jump to the Pre, but all these problems that are posted here are worrisome. It's hard to tell how many people are actually happy with their Pre phones. And I don't want to spend hours each week dealing with updates/tweaks, etc.
    im thinking about switching from mayonnaise to miracle whip, but a lot of people don't like miracle whip.

but a lot of people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    After 2+ years with my 755p I was about ready to jump to the Pre, but all these problems that are posted here are worrisome. It's hard to tell how many people are actually happy with their Pre phones. And I don't want to spend hours each week dealing with updates/tweaks, etc.
    i have a tweak/patch free pre and I'm loving it. what do people expect when they mess with their phone? its a risk people take.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/19/2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    There are a lot of problem and complain threads here, because there's nowhere else to post them. I know a separate problem/complain forum would make a lot of people happy. This is like the general Precentral forum (I think most people come here and don't visit the webOS forum for example) and it gives the wrong impression.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    keep in mind that a majority of the people who are happy with their phones have installed patches which are not sanctioned by palm, if you are tech savvy and are willing to risk bricking your phone than the pre is a great phone. If you want a phone that has standard features out of the box and do not wish to hack your phone I would stay away from the prprpr $for$ $now$.
    just my 2 cents!
    Also keep in mind that most people that are happy with there new phone are less likely to post a thread about it. People are more likely to come back a post a bad review of a product that they dislike than a good review of a product they like.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. BEST phone I have ever owned. It makes Calendar, Email, and Contact information flawlessly accessible. IMHO it works a lot better than both the BlackBerry and Windows Mobile when accessing Microsoft exchange or other email accounts.

If you are on Sprint, it is an awesome device. The only phone I have seen close to it in what it does is my wife's Droid on Verizon. There are pros and cons to each, but you will not be disappointed.

PS - I had the 755w as well. This is like I went 500 years into the future. It's that good.
    30 day return policy is your friend...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    The people would not complain if they did not care. Think about it.

Right now, with patches and a few apps I bought, I'm a happy camper, and *** the patches come out and things get speedier and speedier, it's gonna be flavor country.

Hell, I just installed a patch that closes the phone program for you once the call is over. So very sweet.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Right now, with patches and a few apps I bought, I'm a happy camper, and *** the patches come out and things get speedier and speedier, it's gonna be flavor country.

Hell, I just installed a patch that closes the phone program for you once the call is over. So very sweet.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    keep in mind that a majority of the people who are happy with their phones have installed patches which are not sanctioned by palm, if you are tech savvy and are willing to risk bricking your phone than the pre is a great phone. If you want a phone that has standard features out of the box and do not wish to hack your phone I would stay away from the prprpr $for$ $now$.
    just my 2 cents!
    Woah woah, wait a minute.... The majority??? I think not. You yourself have posted, a number of times, that the majority of people that have Pres are not tech-savvy. If that's the case, then it is simply not true that "the majority of people whare are happy" have patched them.

Also, the nonsense that they are "willing to risk bricking" the phone is hogwash. That's been corrected here many times, yet you continue with the falsehood.

I challenge you to show one instance where someone has bricked their phone by doing patches.

Please, feel free to recommend against a phone that you've decided you don't like, but why attempt to deceive people in the process?
    Quote Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    I moved from a Treo 755p after several years with the Treo line. I've not regretted it a bit. If you feel a vocal few (and it is a minority) have made you wary, do as was suggested, and use the 30 day trial period.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Woah woah, wait a minute.... The majority??? I think not. You yourself have posted, a number of times, that the majority of people that have Pres are not tech-savvy. If that's the case, then it is simply not true that "the majority of people whare are happy" have patched them.

Also, the nonsense that they are "willing to risk bricking" the phone is hogwash. That's been corrected here many times, yet you continue with the falsehood.

I challenge you to show one instance where someone has bricked their phone by doing patches.

Please, feel free to recommend against a phone that you've decided you don't like, but why attempt to deceive people in the process?
    running out of legit arguments??? have to attempt to twist statements out of text???
    "a majority of people who own...." is far off from "a majority of people who are happy with...."
    I recall a couple of posts where you have said that there are features on the pre which you are not happy with!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    running out of legit arguments??? have to attempt to twist statements out of text???
    "a majority of people who own...." is far off from "a majority of people who are happy with...."
    I recall a couple of posts where you have said that there are features on the pre which you are not happy with!!!!
    I am happy with my phone. There are some features of it I am unhappy with.

Every poll I've seen anywhere, including on here, shows that the majority of people that own a Pre are happy with it.

You cannot reconcile a blanket statement that "the majority of people that are happy with the Pre have installed patches", and your previous statements that most people that own a Pre are not tech-savvy.

Most Pre owners are happy with their Pre, and most have not tweaked them with "non sanctioned" patches. There's no twisting there.

Further, those that do are not risking bricking their phone (any more than any other program would), nor are they voiding their warranties.

Please, stop the misinformation - there's a name for that...
    Am I happy with my Pre? Yes.
    Do I think there are some issues that need addressing? Yes, but for the most part they are fairly minor (to me) and aren't a deal breaker.

My wife and I purchased our Pres on day one of availability. I knew going in I was going to be an early adapter and that there would be growing pains. Early adapters of the iPhone will probably tell you the same thing. The same thing is going to be true of any new technology. Over all I am pleased with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I am happy with my phone. There are some features of it I am unhappy with.

Every poll I've seen anywhere, including on here, shows that the majority of people that own a Pre are happy with it.

You cannot reconcile a blanket statement that "the majority of people that are happy with the Pre have installed patches", and your previous statements that most people that own a Pre are not tech-savvy.

Most Pre owners are happy with their Pre, and most have not tweaked them with "non sanctioned" patches. There's no twisting there.

Further, those that do are not risking bricking their phone (any more than any other program would), nor are they voiding their warranties.

Please, stop the misinformation - there's a name for that...

"Most pre owners are happy with their pre, and most have not tweaked them with "non sanctioned" patches."

do you have a link to your evidence of this???????

Is the pot calling the kettle black here?????

As you have argued before the polls which you read on this site are flawed because of this being a pre favoring community!! any links to a poll from a non palm supporting tech community???? if not than I guess we both agree that there is no supporting evidence of either of our theories, which is why they are just theories but I am not going to type a note on every post I make telling people not to take my theories as facts just as I would not expect you to do the same.
    Tom and Hparsons.

This isn't your thread for your debate.

Please move along.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    im thinking about switching from mayonnaise to miracle whip, but a lot of people don't like miracle whip.

but a lot of people do.