1.    #1  
    when I try to download apps i click download and this shows up

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Search the web

Im confused
    I assume you're downloading apps from Pre Central?

They will not run on a Windows computer. They are for you webOS phone. These files should be downloaded and then installed to your phone with webOS Quick Install.

When downloading choose "save" rather than "open with."

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Alternatively you could install Preware on your phone and then add Homebrew apps to your phone just like you can via the App Catalog.
    what do i do if my computer is not reading my device? when i plug it in the computer it shows up but when im trying to download the webOS my device is not showing in the installer box and i alread restored my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacks2007 View Post
    what do i do if my computer is not reading my device? when i plug it in the computer it shows up but when im trying to download the webOS my device is not showing in the installer box and i alread restored my phone

Can you clarify how you connect your Pre?
    Using the quick installer means having your pre connected using "charge only" option.
    you may need to be in developer mode
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals