1.    #1  
    When you send the wallpaper attachment to your email that you signed up with on precentral you are unable to open the jpg picture on your pre from the email. It says ""Canot find an application which can open this file". I have NO tweaks, patches etc...stock pre...This has JUST started after downloading 1.3.1.....

FAIL PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix this!
  2.    #2  
    Bump, is there any way to fix this?
  3.    #3  
    FAIL
    There are also some email clients that send out similar formatting, and you can't open pictures from them either.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    When you send the wallpaper attachment to your email that you signed up with on precentral you are unable to open the jpg picture on your pre from the email. It says ""Canot find an application which can open this file". I have NO tweaks, patches etc...stock pre...This has JUST started after downloading 1.3.1.....

FAIL PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix this!
    Yes, this changed from the previous version. This has already been reported to Palm. Since they removed the double image bug that was causing screen captures to capture two image formats (1 jpg and 1 png), they might have removed the formatting handler (or unlinked the path to email engines bu mistake). I reported it today in a bug report to Palm. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next release.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hmmm....looks like the changed the supported image formats to png only....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    bump for fail
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post

No, there's something else going on here.
    I can send myself jpg images from my PC, and I've received many
    emails from other people with jpgs, and they all open just fine after 1.3.1.

It's only emails that come from precentral with jpg attachments that
    are broken. Guessing it's a MIME type glitch of some sort.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Nope, the one person who has sent me emails with jpg's that I couldn't open also sent me a png that I couldn't open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    No, there's something else going on here.
    I can send myself jpg images from my PC, and I've received many
    emails from other people with jpgs, and they all open just fine after 1.3.1.

It's only emails that come from precentral with jpg attachments that
    are broken. Guessing it's a MIME type glitch of some sort.

ian
    Maybe I'm confused, but if we can download pics from here directly, why do we need to open the emails? (Assuming it's mainly a precentral picture issue)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Maybe I'm confused, but if we can download pics from here directly, why do we need to open the emails? (Assuming it's mainly a precentral picture issue)
    My guess would be that many people are behind a corporate iron curtain that blocks much of the traffic and filters what can and can't be downloaded. Either that or they just want to make it easier to access the picture on their phone.
    I'm able to open jpg's sent to my gmail account from another gmail account, but as others are experiencing, not the emails sent to my gmail account from clicking the "email attachment" link on Precentral.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    ..or they just want to make it easier to access the picture on their phone...
    This...
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm able to open jpg's sent to my gmail account from another gmail account, but as others are experiencing, not the emails sent to my gmail account from clicking the "email attachment" link on Precentral.
    Users Nemest point out that if you're using the email links in the wallpaper forums, that does not currently work in 1.3.1 but you can still see the downloaded image at the very end of the email message and you can copy it to your photos (after you first tap on the image bar to download it). You just can't click on the image bar again to view it. If you do, this is where you will get the handler error.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!