1.    #1  
    I had to run webos doctor on my phone after a homebrew mishap. I didn't figure it would be a big deal...I got the latest (1.3.1) version of webos doctor from Palm's website, it ran and went through without a hitch. The problem is, after the phone restarted, it will not activate, I just get an "activation error" screen that gives me my HEX MEID. The issue is, the EV connection will not come up, this is why the activation is failing. I spent 2 hours on the phone with "advanced technical support", they had me do the ##RTN# and put in a code which resets the phone, that didn't work. They reprovisioned my data connection several times, this didn't work. I just got back from one of the Sprint service centers, they tried doing all that again, and even took the phone into the back to do something with it hooked up to USB, still no EV and I can't activate. At this point they are saying the phone will have to be swapped out, but they can't do it until Monday (none were in stock, their next shipment comes in Monday). I'm hoping I can somehow solve this myself in the meantime. I know there is nothing wrong with my phone's hardware, this HAS to be some sort of software issue. I'm not against running webos doctor again (though I have already done it twice).
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    You need to call into tech support and have them refresh the data profile.

here is the number 1 877 809 6696

Don't forget to thank me
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    You need to call into tech support and have them refresh the data profile.

here is the number 1 877 809 6696

Don't forget to thank me
    They already did that, twice last night, and once at the Sprint store this evening.
    try running the doctor again and report back?
  5.    #5  
    Done...I double and triple checked the phone serial # (I had it right the first time though because Firefox had it saved). It turned out the version of webos doctor I had was 1.2.1...i just got 1.3.1, ran it, still the same problem.
  6.    #6  
    Anyone have any more ideas?
  7.    #7  
    I've managed to get some more information. In the process of dealing with Sprint tech support, I managed to get ahold of my MSL. Using this, I found that my MDN was wrong (it was being set to 0000008574 when it should be my phone number), and my MSID was 0000000000. I managed to get this number from Sprint as well. The ##768# reset using the MSL just resets these values to those numbers. But if you put in ###[MSL]# it takes you to a programming menu where you can set these two. I set them to what they're supposed to be, but still no EV. I'm going to go to one of the Sprint service centers tonight and see if they can find out what's wrong...it's obviously something on the phone not progarmmed correctly.
    Yea this is the same issue I had when I first got my Pre after I ported my number from ATT. When I first got the phone data and voice worked right out of the box. However after the port the phone didn't work at all for hours... after calling into Sprint I got the voice working but data was still dead. After going to the Sprint store and waiting about an hour or more, they finally got the data connection working but I don't know what they did. It was not a fun introduction to the Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by playdrv4me View Post
    Yea this is the same issue I had when I first got my Pre after I ported my number from ATT. When I first got the phone data and voice worked right out of the box. However after the port the phone didn't work at all for hours... after calling into Sprint I got the voice working but data was still dead. After going to the Sprint store and waiting about an hour or more, they finally got the data connection working but I don't know what they did. It was not a fun introduction to the Pre.
    Sadly, I've already been there...I spent an hour at the Sprint store last night and they couldn't figure it out. It wasn't one of the service centers though, so I'm going to try one of those tonight and we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Sadly, I've already been there...I spent an hour at the Sprint store last night and they couldn't figure it out. It wasn't one of the service centers though, so I'm going to try one of those tonight and we'll see.
    Yes, I was definitely at the store with the "Service Center" in the back, I do know that for sure.

When I first dealt with tech support over the phone, they too told me that I had a bad "position 0" in my phone (which had worked just hours earlier) and that a replacement would be in order at my local Sprint store. Obviously, there turned out to be nothing wrong hardware-wise with the phone at all, because after they wiped it and did whatever they did back there, it worked again.

I also had to edit those numerical fields to get voice working because mine were also completely incorrect after the port. I wish I remembered more about this, sorry.