Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gaurav
  1.    #1  
    Preware was working for me till I did a partial erase adn patches got messed up. I downloaded the 1.3.1 webos doc, figuring to start from scratch. I run the doctor and this screen shows up and nothing happens:

Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable. Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process.

I cant click the next button cuz its dimmed. I waited 15 minutes and nothing happenes. My battery is fully charged. Am I doing something wrong?
    Follow these instructions:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Pre3Fan likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post

1) Remove the battery
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.
    That worked. You would think palm would give you such instructions..sigh..ah well..Thanx!

1) Remove the battery
    4) Insert the battery.

Great instructions. I wish this were made a sticky, so many people ask and they get repeated time and time again....but these are nice, short and concise, and very clear.

1) Remove the battery
    4) Insert the battery.

Simple word : AWESOME.. you rock bro...