Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Gadgets on the Go: Palm Pre EXTREME multitasking

Achieved by using apps, patches, tweaks, and expertise from the great webOS Developer community @ PreCentral.
    Jimmie Geddes
    pretty cool, but this can be achieved without tweaks and patches... i had 21 open and still web browsing on a stock pre
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    pretty cool, but this can be achieved without tweaks and patches... i had 21 open and still web browsing on a stock pre
    I call B.S.

21 on a stock pre. what progs did you have open.
    i got 40 apps running before i got the msg, no joke
    I've had ~15 open before. Just depends on what is on at the time. And if you just reboot and are starting fresh I can see it happening.

edit: just restarted my phone and got 21 before message. Stock pre.
    Last edited by Ny88RiCaN; 11/19/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    I got 22 open before I got the message
    I just got 27 apps open on a fresh restart.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This should absolutely be part of the AD for PALM!!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    This should absolutely be part of the AD for PALM!!!
    Agreed! Palm marketing need to get to work!

Maybe this should be story on Precentral.com's front page.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    this is great, just reposted it at my site. thanks Jimmie!
    Extreme Multitasking on the Palm Pre | The Mx Web
    20 on both the Pixi and the Pre here (no modifications).....
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    umm.. so, does everyone else's error message look like this?

as I recall, they used to look like this:

is this the same for all phones with 1.3.1, or some sort of weird glitch on my phone?
    Nope, happens on all phones now... They messed up the image or something.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I just hit 20 this is without a fresh restart.. i am runnin my pre at stock right now...
    now here is the fun part... minimize the cards so they are smaller and start tossing them! very exciting i felt like a dealer in vegas

Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    umm.. so, does everyone else's error message look like this?

as I recall, they used to look like this:

is this the same for all phones with 1.3.1, or some sort of weird glitch on my phone?
    mine has the empty square to... and so does the video on Max's blog post
    Last edited by jack87; 11/20/2009 at 02:18 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I would love to know how many of those 20 or more apps you can actually use before you get an error. How long can you leave them open?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I would love to know how many of those 20 or more apps you can actually use before you get an error. How long can you leave them open?
    I've had 20 apps opened for the last 20 minutes and can switch back and forth and use each app. If I try to open another app I get the " sorry too many cards", yesterday I had 22 apps opened. If I flick an app to close it I can then open a new app from the launcher without getting the "sorry too many cards". Obviously having 20 apps opened at one time is really pushing it, but it does work without getting the error.

Palm should really highlight and advertise showing the cards, I don't think most people realize that it's one of the best and main features of webOS.

I'm 30 minutes in and still have 20 apps opened and usable.

Again, this is pushing it to the extreme, but it's definitely possible to open 20 apps and still be usable.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've managed to have 34 cards open =)

But quite a few "Settings" Cards too i might add, However still very usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I've had 20 apps opened for the last 20 minutes and can switch back and forth and use each app. If I try to open another app I get the " sorry too many cards", yesterday I had 22 apps opened. If I flick an app to close it I can then open a new app from the launcher without getting the "sorry too many cards". Obviously having 20 apps opened at one time is really pushing it, but it does work without getting the error.

Palm should really highlight and advertise showing the cards, I don't think most people realize that it's one of the best and main features of webOS.

I'm 30 minutes in and still have 20 apps opened and usable.

Again, this is pushing it to the extreme, but it's definitely possible to open 20 apps and still be usable.
    Amazing--this has not been my experience at all. Is your Pre totally stock? Maybe dropbear or some other service running in the background on mine is killing my memory.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    So what if it can open 20+ cards at once. Who uses up to 5 at once? I think Sprint/palm should focus more on the synergy not the fact that you can open 15 facebook applications at once.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I think it is pretty dependent on what you've got open the the browsr if you're using it. Try opening up the full engadget page and then see how many others you can open. Thus far I was unable to open any others with that one fully loaded. Then you close it and give it a second to release the mem and you can go back to your little card opening frenzy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast