Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as the title says my pres screen keeps waking up an is a serious battery drain has this happened to anyone else and any fixes please help
    try a hard reset. pull that battery give it a few seconds stick it back in
    What are you doing that causes it to wake up? Is it just happening or do you have something like Pandora running?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    What are you doing that causes it to wake up? Is it just happening or do you have something like Pandora running?
    No apps running just screen keeps turning back on
    I had two palm pres, both flashed to cricket. They were working great with 1.0.2 version and with update 1.2.1. It all started after i updated to version 1.3.1.
    Now the screen keeps cycling turning on and off by itself, and also the autolockup/ turn screen off is not working either no matter what i choose, 30secs, 1 minute, 2 minutes etc.

I flashed back to 1.0.2 version ans both worked again. But one of those phone got the update again 1.3.1 and it went back to the same problem.

O thing that I did and it work for like 1 day, is to change se EVDO setting dial fro your dialpad ##3836# and change it to Hybrid Rev0 or RTT, it was working but then i remove the battery and know that fix is not working, I tried also to Disabled the Dataroaming under Phone Preferences( go to your dialpad and the go to preferences)
    None of this solutions are working anymore.
    I think the phone turn on after it tries to connect to different towers o the signal change, so maybe that why the disable data or change Evdo settings was working at one time. But again know none of these are working and my palm pre keep turning on and off and draining battery.
    If any one has a solution please Help.
    Thanks

Alonso
    Quote Originally Posted by alonsogt View Post
    I had two palm pres, both flashed to cricket. They were working great with 1.0.2 version and with update 1.2.1. It all started after i updated to version 1.3.1.
    Now the screen keeps cycling turning on and off by itself, and also the autolockup/ turn screen off is not working either no matter what i choose, 30secs, 1 minute, 2 minutes etc.

I flashed back to 1.0.2 version ans both worked again. But one of those phone got the update again 1.3.1 and it went back to the same problem.

O thing that I did and it work for like 1 day, is to change se EVDO setting dial fro your dialpad ##3836# and change it to Hybrid Rev0 or RTT, it was working but then i remove the battery and know that fix is not working, I tried also to Disabled the Dataroaming under Phone Preferences( go to your dialpad and the go to preferences)
    I think the phone turn on after it tries to connect to different towers o the signal change, so maybe that why the disable data or change Evdo settings was working at one time. But again know none of these are working and my palm pre keep turning on and off and draining battery.
    Thanks

Alonso
    I had the same problem with mine, which is also connected to cricket. I had to have the 1.0.4 update installed because that is the one in which we have the actication screen bypass. I tried the 1.3.1 update twice and the same problem continues. I figured i will just keep it at an operating system below 1.3.1. So does anybody know how i may be able to update my phone from 1.0.4 to 1.2.1? because i can not get the virtual keyboard on web os 1.0.4, or can i?
    Quote Originally Posted by memnjr View Post
    I had the same problem with mine, which is also connected to cricket. I had to have the 1.0.4 update installed because that is the one in which we have the actication screen bypass. I tried the 1.3.1 update twice and the same problem continues. I figured i will just keep it at an operating system below 1.3.1. So does anybody know how i may be able to update my phone from 1.0.4 to 1.2.1? because i can not get the virtual keyboard on web os 1.0.4, or can i?
    How do you are able to stay on the version 1.0.4?
    I tried but because I use Wi-fi, it download the update an update automatically. So is there any way to just say "Not Intall at all" or something??
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    No apps running just screen keeps turning back on
    I've had this happen to me before but cant figure out exactly what the cause is. I thought for a while that it was something with using the headphones that would make it think it was active. But its also happened without me using headphones beforehand.

Next time it happens, insert the plug into the headphone jack and see if it clears it up...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    had the same issue. i took mine back to the store and they replaces it for free. not sure what the problem was but glad to have a new one.
    Well after messing slot with the phone y just got out of options. I was trying to find which program or app it was the one that was trying to get a connection or an update and finally it found this.

If you go to your phone app (the dialpad) under preferences, the phone always tries to update network settings. And always got this error like every 5 secs the same interval that the phone goes on and off. Error"The network setting could not be updated. Try again later. If the problem persists, call Sprint Customer Service. 1012."
    This happen to me because im on cricket the phone is trying to get the updates from Sprint

So now my question is Does any one know how to Disable this updates on the network?
  11. KTM
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My Pre started doing it too I think after the last update
    everytime i took it out of my pocket it was on
    tap the screen it would turn on
    Got my 3 pre today Every 2 months i have to replace the phone
    Having fun
  12.    #12  

Thanks

Alonso
    changing evdo settings worked like a charm thanks
    changing evdo settings worked like a charm thanks
    So just change the evdo settings and the screen will stay off? what and how did you change the evdo settings?
    How do you are able to stay on the version 1.0.4?
    I tried but because I use Wi-fi, it download the update an update automatically. So is there any way to just say "Not Intall at all" or something??
    I just dont leave my wifi on so the phone will not update, i know ill have to deal with it sooner or later so there has to be a solution. Yes there is a way to stop updates i read somewhere else. I have not done it cause im not good at open development. ill try to find the instructions again and post them on this thread.
    So just change the evdo settings and the screen will stay off? what and how did you change the evdo settings?
    my phone did this with a bad battery i quickly changed the battery and it was quickly fixed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

You can do it through Terminal.

I found this posted by a McKatherin, thanks McKatherin
  17.    #17  
    ##3836# in phone app then change settings to hybrid rev o or 1x
    ##3836# in phone app then change settings to hybrid rev o or 1x
    Thanks a lot. hope it works. I just tried the update and it went wrong so i need to have to store bypass it again before i can try.
    Is your phone still functioning fine, or will it stop after a day?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I started having this post 1.3.1 too. I think it's sorta ridiculous though to need to change the EVDO settings--EVDO Rev. A is significantly faster than Rev. 0, so I don't want to "downgrade" to Rev. 0 to make it chill out. I wonder why this was fine in previous updates but is acting up now?
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  20.    #20  
    Thanks a lot. hope it works. I just tried the update and it went wrong so i need to have to store bypass it again before i can try.
    Is your phone still functioning fine, or will it stop after a day?
    Well i just started having the problem again so im going to try a few more times and then im done ive never had to replace any of my phones first gen or not and ive replaced this one 3 times ridiculous for a "high end device"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast