View Poll Results: Would you like an 'INVISIBLE' option for user status in yahoo messenger?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!!!

    22 68.75%
  • NO

    1 3.13%
  • Doesn't Matter to me.

    6 18.75%
  • I don't Use Yahoo.

    4 12.50%
  • What is Yahoo Messenger.

    0 0%
  • Too busy..I'm picking buckshot out of my Twinkie.

    3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #1  
    I finally got Yahoo to work after doctoring and updating 3 times.

    I see that you only have 3 options in the yahoo messenger..1) available, 2) BUSY, 3) offline.

    I think it would be nice, and just like all other platforms Y Messenger to have an option to make you invisible....cuts down on unwanted messages and spamming throught the messenger.

    Who would address this? Palm? app Developer?
    Last edited by DocHemi; 11/19/2009 at 04:07 PM.
  2. #2  
    While they are at it, make separate log ins for each messenger ID added
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  3. #3  
    I use invisible all the time because I used to get them pschyo sexual predators hunting me all the time....LOL!
  4. mtk
    mtk is offline
    mtk's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #4  
    i'd rather have support for staying signed on to yahoo messenger from both my desktop(s) and my pre.
  5. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    While they are at it, make separate log ins for each messenger ID added
    As was stated, or ask i should say, in other previous post....

    Why do you need more than one yahoo messenger ID?
  6. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I use invisible all the time because I used to get them pschyo sexual predators hunting me all the time....LOL!
    Are you calling me a psycho ???
  7. #7  
    I'll vote for that Psycho **coughs** Doc

  8. #8  
    DocHemi, I posted an issue earlier about Text Messages that disappeared can you go read it and see if you can help me.

    BTW I would never call you psycho...it was them stalkers I have in Yahoo Messenger. Guess I shouldn't have posted the picture of me in a motel room.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    ... Guess I shouldn't have posted the picture of me in a motel room.
    Must have been some motel room.
  10. #10  
    Rotlmao
  11. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    DocHemi, I posted an issue earlier about Text Messages that disappeared can you go read it and see if you can help me.

    BTW I would never call you psycho...it was them stalkers I have in Yahoo Messenger. Guess I shouldn't have posted the picture of me in a motel room.
    I cant see it either?????

    Hey now about that picture...I never got my copy???
  12. #12  
    I'll bump up the thread.

    I don't even know I still have that picture. It was from like 10 years ago for my birthday in a motel room in Vegas.
  13. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    i'd rather have support for staying signed on to yahoo messenger from both my desktop(s) and my pre.
    The stability issue you reffer to usually reffers to your connection quality and the yahoo server.

    This being said, the problem lies within your machine, the internet connection your using, and the yahoo server.

    Your machine (be it your desktop or phone), is under your control and no one else can really give support for that.

    The connection quality, would rely on you provider, you equpment (in the quality, condition, and it being updated properly), and the network congestion. update your drivers for all your equipment, make sure you have a good stable connection, and good bandwidth. As far as net congestion, and server reliability, that all lies mainly on Yahoo; direct your concerns to them.

    I personally an talking to you right now on one of my computers that has now been online and running for over 4 months with no restarts and my yahoo has never lost connection.

    My pre has had its connection going for the last 2 days with out losing connection.

Posting Permissions