Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any fixes to this issue??? I assight a ringtone for my sms messages but it only plays about a second of the song and thats it... Do the ringtones need to be in any specific format??
    Many people are experiencing this problem after the 1.3.1 update, myself included. I fixed it by changing ringtones, removing the 'broken' one, putting it back on, and then pointing back to it.

Sprint navigation's voice is also now having issues since the update as well. The two problems are likely related. Sound subsystem issues? What does webos use? I heard pulseaudio? That would be the root of it, I think. I *hate* pulseaudio on my linux boxen.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Many people are experiencing this problem after the 1.3.1 update, myself included. I fixed it by changing ringtones, removing the 'broken' one, putting it back on, and then pointing back to it.

Sprint navigation's voice is also now having issues since the update as well. The two problems are likely related. Sound subsystem issues? What does webos use? I heard pulseaudio? That would be the root of it, I think. I *hate* pulseaudio on my linux boxen.
    Count me in as having the same issue. Can you link to the thread where it's being discussed?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    its more like 5 seconds, but definitely not the 20 or 25 seconds like before 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Noticed this as well. Ringtone for sms will stop playing when the screen turns off.
    Same issue here. Tried mp3's & wav's. All get cut off!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    In the same boat here! Really upsetting!!
    i think they should downgrade everyone back to the last know working OS ! this 1.3.1 is horrible!
    Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    Same issue here, it will sound as if it's broken when the screen is beginning to dim or if the Pre is focusing a picture that I just took and while that's happening, if I get a text message, the text sound is cut-off. Weird. I'll try and report it to Palm as a bug in 1.3.1. Never saw this issue prior to 1.3.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I've noticed that if you play the ringtone while you're assigning one it plays short as well.

Another thing I noticed, though, if you hook up via USB and play them from the ringtone folder -- they are short there, too, depending on what player I use. VLC plays them short but when I play the tone using MP3Edit (the program I used to create them), it plays the whole tone.

Weird. Very weird.
    To fix this, add a second of silence to the end of the mp3 file with the audio editor of your choice. For some reason the Pre truncates the end of the file.
    Having the same issue. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    To fix this, add a second of silence to the end of the mp3 file with the audio editor of your choice. For some reason the Pre truncates the end of the file.
    it wasn't a problem before 1.3.1. Something changed.
    I've reported it to Palm as a bug in 1.3.1 since the behavior has changed since 1.2.1 and was not documented in the release notes for 1.3.1. Since the text message tone customization was introduced in 1.3.1, it might have also introduced this bug.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've reported it to Palm as a bug in 1.3.1 since the behavior has changed since 1.2.1 and was not documented in the release notes for 1.3.1. Since the text message tone customization was introduced in 1.3.1, it might have also introduced this bug.
    How do you report a bug to Palm? I have a few bugs I'd like to report (though Palm might refer to them as "Features" LOL!)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    How do you report a bug to Palm? I have a few bugs I'd like to report (though Palm might refer to them as "Features" LOL!)
    Go to the Palm Forums at Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - null

I also reported this to them.
    i experienced the same problem, my fix was to rename the ringtone from "complete loud.mp3" to completeloud.mp3" ... try renaming the ringtone file, just use alphanumeric with no spaces.

Hope works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by meceres View Post
    i experienced the same problem, my fix was to rename the ringtone from "complete loud.mp3" to completeloud.mp3" ... try renaming the ringtone file, just use alphanumeric with no spaces.

Hope works for you.
    For the text message alert tone, it only temp fixes it. Eventually, the condition creeps up again depending when & how it happens. I was forced to change it upon initial install of 1.3.1. I did that and it worked in a manner that it would no longer abruptly cut-off the tone EVERY time. Now it happens when the screen is dimming or if a just taken picture is processing and you get a text at that very moment. I'm assuming that this is also the issue that is causing the Voice directions from SPrint Nav to cutoff before completing the street name/sentence.

Somehow or another, they are being truncated about 1/4 - 1 sec prior to completing whatever it was alerting/saying.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    My text messaging ringtone rings for 1 second and then cuts out for a second and then finishes with audio. its like a pause happens in the middle of the ringtone. I know my files are not the issue, its is totally a bug with 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast