1.    #1  
    Dear Palm,

Thank you for the 1.3.1. WebOS upgrade. In the "Sounds & Ringtones" preference app, in prior versions you used the "notification" sound as the sample sound used when changing the volume of system sounds. In 1.3.1 you've changed it.

When I first discovered this change, I didn't think twice about it. But after my recent experience, I'd prefer that it be switched back. As I'm sure many do, I was tinkering with my phone in the bathroom on the toilet at my office. I happened to notice that my "swish" sound when I close an app was quite a bit quieter than normal. I then remembered that it was because the notification sound was set back to the factory settings as a result of having used WebOS Doctor on my phone to conduct some comparison tests with my son's Pixi. So I went into the app, and turned the volume up. And this caused the new sound to go off as loudly as it could.

Had the sound been the old pre 1.3.1 notification sound, the ruckus that followed could have been avoided. But instead, you've switched that sound to the camera shutter. This is a somewhat disconcerting sound to hear while on the toilet at work. And the person in the stall next to me was quite alarmed.

Fortunately, a demonstration at the sink quelled my coworker's fears. But it didn't stave off my embarrassment. Please consider a different sound.

Sincerely,
    mu7efcer, who's now desperately trying to stay off the sex offenders registry
    Twitter: dullgeek
    BAER
    Damn, that was funny!
  4. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I don't get any sound from the system volume when I try to adjust it. Which means there's no sound when I flick a card off the screen...I really missed that "swish" sound!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I don't get any sound from the system volume when I try to adjust it. Which means there's no sound when I flick a card off the screen...I really missed that "swish" sound!
    I've mysteriously lost my swish sound before, too - at least I used to in 1.2.1. And it turns out that it was because the slider (somehow) got turned all the way down. When I turned it back up the swish came back, along with the associated sound when adjusting the slider.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    OMG! That was funny! But, thinking about it I agree change the sound! I occasionly use my phone in the bathroom too!
  7. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I've mysteriously lost my swish sound before, too - at least I used to in 1.2.1. And it turns out that it was because the slider (somehow) got turned all the way down. When I turned it back up the swish came back, along with the associated sound when adjusting the slider.
    I checked the slider and it's all the way up...still no sound. What's up with this new update? Ever since I've updated, I've had to doctor my phone 2 or 3 times, lost all of my contacts, memos & calendar entries and now all the little things are getting annoying. I'm not happy with Palm at the moment...