1.    #1  
    Ok so i have a number stored in my phone that has muti pauses in it. meaning the number has a p in it. before 1.3.1 I had no issues dialing the numbers that are stored in it. now it seems to dial all the numbers all at once and the set up doesnt work.

this is for calling up fexex for pick ups
    the number is stored as follows
    8004633339p1p(account #)p2p1p60714

before it would do everything just fine. where it would wait till i hit dial and dial the numbers just fine. now it sounds like it dials more then one number at a time and the fedex system says my account number is to short.

does anyone else use this feature and know if its just my phone or did 1.3.1 screw this up
    I noticed some weird oddities as well. I use it when I call my bank. Just to clear up, we need the 'p' in lower case, correct? I use about 4 pauses in the call, and some of them make the number entry nice and slow, whereas the next pause number entry will go really fast and sound like the numbers overlapped, BUT, it still recognized it on the Bank end!!!

So, I guess we just can't get this damn Pre perfect.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  3.    #3  
    so its not just my phone, this sucks. how can they mess up something that worked. if they just added this and there was something wrong with it i wouldnt care, but it worked from day one and now its not. lame
    so you actually are losing the pause functionality then, huh?

you have the same issues as mine? where that numbers sometimes dial really quick? or is your pause not working at all where it should?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    so you actually are losing the pause functionality then, huh?

you have the same issues as mine? where that numbers sometimes dial really quick? or is your pause not working at all where it should?
    ya it dial them really quick. like you can hear it, it sounds funky. sounds like 3 or 4 buttons get mashed all at once. weird for such a basic function
    Same exact thing here, but thankfully my bank can distinguish that mashed up numbers meaning they are still going in order, but just barely with nanoseconds between each number!
    I use the soft pause "t" instead of the hard pause "p" and haven't noticed a difference in the dialing speed after updating to 1.3.1.

Why not give "t" a try? Sometimes you have to add more than one to make it work properly timing wise, but it then dials the string automatically, in that no further input is needed from you.

Something else that still doesn't work (never has) is redialing any number with a string from the call log. The first 10 digits only are dialed.
    Last edited by galavanter; 11/20/2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Hey I'm at work and can't exactly do searches for this. Can someone just explain all of the options on pause dialing please? Like, long and short pauses, if upper and lower case make any difference?

Just all of the options. Maybe two 'p's will work next to each other. I don't know. Any help would be grand.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I use the soft pause "t" instead of the hard pause "p" and haven't noticed a difference in the dialing speed after updating to 1.3.1.

Why not give "t" a try? Sometimes you have to add more than one to make it work properly timing wise, but it then dials the string automatically, in that no further input is needed from you.

Something else that still doesn't work (never has) is redialing any number with a string from the call log. The first 10 digits only are dialed.
    I know! that tics me off a bit. cuz if you go to the call log the number doesnt show up as a known number. it shows it as a number, not as a name.
    i will give that "t" thing a try. Cuz its really annoying having to do it yourself. lol what has the world come to! laziness in pushing a few buttons haha