1.    #1  
    I don't often receive vcards but when I do I am unable to import them into my contacts on the Pre. I also bought my wife a Pixi the other day and I tried sending her a vcard today by text and by email. She is able to click the vcard file and she can click the Add to Contacts, but when she does it just opens up the contacts and thats all. It does not add it, just opens the the Contacts app.

Anyone have any luck importing vcards on the WebOS phone?
    I have the exact same problem. In fact, this thread came up in my Google search! Anyway, yes there an Add to Contacts option, but again, contacts open and nothing happens. In the help files, there is a process for add a vcard contact via email attachment, but I have not tried it yet.
    Same here - it should be easy to fix this Palm? (or patch?)
    Worked for me several times via email attachment. Now have to check post 1.3.1.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Same issue here. It worked for me a few times before 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    same issue. I have a Pre and just got my wife a Pixi. We have a lot of common contact (family) that I wanted to send. Could click on the Vcard file and it would open contacts, but it didn't add the contact.

Palm, please fix.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yep, 1.3.1 broke this. It worked great previously, now it is no go. I did find that adding it via gmail works fine as a work around for now, but it is a pain. I am hoping Palm fixes in the next update, this is a pretty big opps.
    Notme in STL
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    By e-mail won't work for me. I click on the vcard attachment and it opens the contacts but doesn't add anything.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Here is my temporary fix - send a vcard via email to my google email. Add it into my gmail contacts, it is then imported via synergy.
    Notme in STL
  10.    #10  
    Yeah the Gmail import works well. Quick How to:

1. go to desktop computer
    2. open email containing the vcard and download the vcard file to an easy location like the desktop
    3. in Gmail, click Conctacts
    4. Click Import and direct your browser the vcard on the desktop
    5. Click OK and should be done.
    vcard sent to me from my buddys iphone via text worked like a charm... just clicked on it and bam... also me sending to him worked great
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    vcard sent to me from my buddys iphone via text worked like a charm... just clicked on it and bam... also me sending to him worked great
    What OS version are you running? What phone?
    OP please do a search

If you are on WebOS 1.3.1, the vcard functionality doesn't work. It was somehow changed from the previous WebOS. I've already reported this to Palm as a bug in 1.3.1. It should get addressed in the next update.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    How can I send a Vcard of my info? I know I can send my own contact but it has more info in it than I want to send to people via vcard. Is there a way to set up a vcard with just what i want to send?
    I recieve vcards an they are all jumbled garbage ? what gives how can somebody send a vcard direct to my pre?