Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was in the sprint store and play with the pixi hero moment they load more fast the web pages, youtube open app why is that some explain that
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdpr View Post
    I was in the sprint store and play with the pixi hero moment they load more fast the web pages, youtube open app why is that some explain that
    "More fast"?
    Don't let ur English teacher see this post.
    *Edit*
    "More fast the web pages"?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I am most confused by this post....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdpr View Post
    When is the last time you rebooted your pre?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "More fast"?
    Don't let ur English teacher see this post.
    *Edit*
    "More fast the web pages"?
    Ever think that English might not be the OP's first language?
    so phone models that have come out after the Pre are faster? Wow what a shocker!
    Also how much data did you load on those phones you played with?
    Ive play with every new phone that has come out on sprint since the pre and while @ the store they may seem faster, they have nothing on them...no music, no email, ect.. if you web dr your pre and load nothing on it with a new profile you will see a noticeable increase in speed.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so phone models that have come out after the Pre are faster? Wow what a shocker!
    Ive play with every new phone that has come out on sprint since the pre and while @ the store they may seem faster, they have nothing on them...no music, no email, ect.. if you web dr your pre and load nothing on it with a new profile you will see a noticeable increase in speed.
    +1... And after you load as much data, music, ringtones, photos, videos, apps and email on the Pixi... Then you will see that the Pre is still better. Applies to any phone, including hero and moment but not right nor fair to compare to those because of the different OS that they have, be it faster or slower... The only one that like the pre uses WebOS too is the pixi! But putting fairness aside for a minute and comparing inter-OS... The pre is the best for me, comparing it to Palm OS, WinMo OS, Symbian OS, Android OS and BB OS. Btw... The Pixi has a slower processor than the pre...
    I went into a Sprint store and played with the Pixi and compared it to my Pre on the spot (This was before I updated to 1.3.1, btw).

I found that the first card I opened, opened faster on the Pixi than my Pre, however when trying to open a second, third or fourth card, I found that the Pixi was noticably slower with each new card. My Pre had a fairly consistant opening time for each new card.

I suppose for those who only ever use one card at a time (Why would you do this on WebOS?) the Pixi might be faster. But for my money, I was happy I had the Pre.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    i love my pre guys
    :sigh: This so isn't true. Photos, music etc. should not and don't slow your phone down as a whole. The individual apps will be a bit slower as they load the data needed, but the phone as a whole... no. It's not the same as a computer, there's not a harddrive in the Pre -- it's all flash memory which is much faster.
    so that explains why my pre is faster after I webos dr it back to factory? Why when I have 400+ contacts every app that displays them (phone,sms,email) are slower loading them? I have to disagree with you. Its been my experience? Universal search is quicker when its not showing me previous web history?

every phone with flash memory will load slower with more data...my old mp3 player loaded slower with 1k songs than with 10. Comparing load speeds devoid of an equal playing field is useless.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 11/19/2009 at 01:13 PM.
    so that explains why my pre is faster after I webos dr it back to factory? Why when I have 400+ contacts every app that displays them (phone,sms,email) are slower loading them? I have to disagree with you. Its been my experience? Universal searcj is quicker when its not showing me previous web history?
    as the previous poster said individual apps will load slower as they have to load they data they need. Therefore if you have 400 contacts it will slow the apps which use contacts!
    what he meant was it will not slow anything else which does not involve your contacts (browser, camera, calendar, etc.)
    really, having a bunch of calender appointments won't slow the calender down? Are you listening to yourself tom? More photos slower photo app load. More in a list slower list compile...
    yes but the OP was speaking of the web browser speed Loser, so your 400 contacts will not effect the speed of the web browser is what bakerja was trying to say Loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    yes but the OP was speaking of the web browser speed Loser, so your 400 contacts will not effect the speed of the web browser is what bakerja was trying to say Loser.
    and he also said HIS pre. so op did you try it on a stock pre?
    OP did you look up a website that you frequently look up with your pre on both phones? because if so your pre should have been much faster if it had stored a cookie for that site, I mean assuming you probably have updated to 1.3.1 by now I would assume you have rebooted your phone within the last 5 days you pre should be at full speed!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    i update my pre to 1.3.1 and the pixi have the 1.3.1. i try other website that i dont use. ebay, bestbuy, intomobile, 4share. and the pixi was the winner. the 2 phones have full signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    I beg to differ.. with more applications loaded, there is less memory available for management. Once I shifted my apps over to the media side, my pre sped up considerably.