Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I LOVED that on this phone I was able to send like 50-100 people the same text (mass text) and now I tried just now after 1.3.1 and it wont let me do more than 20...WHY on earth would they change this??? its ONE of they key things people like myself LOVED about POS and WebOS AGH.....now what???
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Geesh, I'm glad I don't know you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Geesh, I'm glad I don't know you.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I LOVED that on this phone I was able to send like 50-100 people the same text (mass text) and now I tried just now after 1.3.1 and it wont let me do more than 20...WHY on earth would they change this??? its ONE of they key things people like myself LOVED about POS and WebOS AGH.....now what???
    first you said 30, now you say 20.
    didnt know u could send 100
    when u did 100 u manually added all 100 people?
    because i dont think theres a group option/hack/patch is there?
  6.    #6  
    typo its 20
    typo its 20
    k
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    That means there are 30 - 80 people who are happy, though. Think of the greater good.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    That means there are 30 - 80 people who are happy, though. Think of the greater good.
    for real. Fyi I'm never gonna "pass" this on to all my friends and no I don't give a crap about 7years bad lunck for not doing so!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    But for real why did they lower the cap? Don't know why everyone is making fun of his mass text, don't you guys send emails to distribution lists? Those can grow as large as 1k sometimes, so don't knock his frustration and make a joke out of it.
    well seeing as how sprint put the kibosh on tethering, I'd assume they'd be able to drop the cap and not mind doing so. This sounds like a patch request to change it back.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't know why anyone ever need to send the same sms to 100 people, at once or not at once. Unless it is a world of robots or the sender is a telemarketer... Then if I was one of the recipients I would simply report the sender to Sprint and have him or her blocked from ever sending me an sms again. I have done that to some guy in the past who probably thought that the new use of sms is to twitter and send people updates of his thoughts and actions every 5 minutes every day. Sad... He was a brilliant guy but it annoyed the living daylights out of me.

On the other hand 'tho... I can understand why you are upset and IMHO you have every right to be mad. Like so many people that encountered problems with the update you were hoping to better the functions of your pre and not to break them... If it is really important to you maybe there is a way to revert it back to 1.2.1.? Good luck! :-)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Why not use Twitter?
    you can go back...webdr it to 1.2.1 and disable the update daemon...or you could get someone to develop a patch for it and not lose the ability to use newer apps like the facebook one...
    now you will never be able to vote for your favorite american idol contestant 100 times a second
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    What a bunch of close minded bullies we have become. Safety in numbers and anonymity, I guess...
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Here's an actual thought on the situation tho. Since they now have added the forwarding text option, you could grab one of those 20 you send to's message, and forward it to another 20.

To be honest this is probably a good idea on Sprint's part, as it might cut down on spamming, etc. If you have something to say that's important, you more than likely have less than 100 people to text it to.

While I coach and have about 38 guys to keep track of, I utilize email for the important stuff...since your Pre can do email, you should be able to send stuff on the fly to distribution lists right?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Nothing worse than a texting addict
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Wow these responses really are something. This move on sprint/Palm in no way will reduce or stop spam text. When people stop using their cell numbers to register on pr0n sites on the other hand will. I see nothing wrong in someone sending out text to 100+ people. Just because you and your pre are the only friends in the house doesnt mean he doesnt have a large group of friends that he can send max text to. There's a reason why we're paying for unlimited text and data. I hardly talk on the phone but rather text. Nothing more annoying than having to pick up my phone just to dial my voicemail only to hear, "I'm on my way".
  20.    #20  
    agreed, some of you people obviously dont have professional jobs with all due respect or many friends that you care about lol...I send mass text ALL the time not ever for spamming but for work, family, friends, the only time it ever really gets to 100 is christmas, holidays etc....
    Usually its messages for work, motivation for the team, important news....

The thing with twitter not everyone has it, email not everyone looks at it right away, etc, but text you get on your phone right away you cant really ignore it....but again I don't feel I have to justify myself lol
    If you don't feel my personal needs are something you can relate to you probably should waste your time typing a response lol, THIS would by why we are individuals, we all have different needs/wants
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast