Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    But for real why did they lower the cap? Don't know why everyone is making fun of his mass text, don't you guys send emails to distribution lists? Those can grow as large as 1k sometimes, so don't knock his frustration and make a joke out of it.
    Nope I try not to send out mass junky e-mails or texts. I don't even think I have 50 people in my address book on any of my e-mail addresses.
  2.    #22  
    likewise oddly enough i barely use email to communicate with any friends or family or co-workers.....mainly text and calls
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I use a lot of texts and emails and distribution lists but just humor me and tell me what message you would send to 100 of your friends... Hopefully it's something like a party location or a sobriety checkpoint or something. Sorry to profile the age group sending 100+ people texts but I have a sneaky feeling I'm right...
    Jeez, imagine how much time it would take to select 100 people to send texts to...
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    My friend gets inspirational text messages from the pastor of my church. He sends them to everyone on his text list. Might be 300 people or so. Not sure how he does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Wow these responses really are something. This move on sprint/Palm in no way will reduce or stop spam text. When people stop using their cell numbers to register on pr0n sites on the other hand will. I see nothing wrong in someone sending out text to 100+ people. Just because you and your pre are the only friends in the house doesnt mean he doesnt have a large group of friends that he can send max text to. There's a reason why we're paying for unlimited text and data. I hardly talk on the phone but rather text. Nothing more annoying than having to pick up my phone just to dial my voicemail only to hear, "I'm on my way".
    So you are saying 'i'm on my way' to 100 people? Lol Hey, now lets suppose 1000 people with a pre do the exact same thing... it will bog down the network. I think twitter is more appropriate.
    He probably has created a text list (like when I get my hockey scores).
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I get a text every couple of wks from my favorite local band of where they are playing that week. Is this serious? There is questions about why someone wants to text over 20 people?
    Does the band not use an online texting feature with a group that they send to? Just a guess.

I personnally can't think of 20 of the same people I'd send the same message to.
    yeah or a pre addict geez man !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Try Zipwhip

You can text as many people as want using that tool.

Just log in using your Sprint online account credentials.
    These forums are full of kids... Nobody here uses their phone for business here... All the serious business questions are turned in to a bukaki session...
    The replies to this post just go to show you how close minded and self centered people can be.

This whole 'well I don't use it so it's stupid' mentality is incredibly frustrating, especially in a democratic society. Just because you don't use something, or don't understand why someone would use it, does not mean that they are immature or foolish or whatever else people are saying.

Obviously this person has a reason to be texting all of these people. Whether you think that reason is legit or foolish doesn't really matter. The purpose of these phones is to provide functionality. Thank God companies think of more people than 'you' when designing products.

Bottom line now that I'm off my podium, is that Palm took away some type of functionality and it would be interesting to know their reason. I don't think that products should lose functionality in upgrades unless there is a good reason. Either way, it should be documented in the release notes.

I'd hate to recommend a phone to someone based on something it can do, only to have that ability taken away in an update.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    The replies to this post just go to show you how close minded and self centered people can be.

This whole 'well I don't use it so it's stupid' mentality is incredibly frustrating, especially in a democratic society. Just because you don't use something, or don't understand why someone would use it, does not mean that they are immature or foolish or whatever else people are saying.

Obviously this person has a reason to be texting all of these people. Whether you think that reason is legit or foolish doesn't really matter. The purpose of these phones is to provide functionality. Thank God companies think of more people than 'you' when designing products.

Bottom line now that I'm off my podium, is that Palm took away some type of functionality and it would be interesting to know their reason. I don't think that products should lose functionality in upgrades unless there is a good reason. Either way, it should be documented in the release notes.

I'd hate to recommend a phone to someone based on something it can do, only to have that ability taken away in an update.
    Thanks, a word to people saying oh you must be immature or age group I'm 27 and hold a Bachelors and an MBA, work and own a very successful business. Ask yourself how mature it is to make the judgments you made based on a thread of a forum and that will answer just how educated and logical you are....the WORLD does not revolve around YOU. The purpose of a forum is to post things, it is NOT to post just what applied to ONE person's mentality
    Even though I didn't know about it I think having that many recipients is great. Especially if you have a huge group meeting that gets change/canceled/parties/etc...

Never used it but it is a great tool. probably less than 10% of phone users even need that feature though and less than 3% have a pre so they just left it out the update.
    so...it is upsetting that a carrier has as much pull as they do (tethering) but i'd bet a steak dinner its sprints doing. Mr. MBA. I mean it kinda makes sense right? So complain about the humorus responses all day and see what changes...or post a Patch request and see if some dev can fix it for you. Or you could insult people for poking fun at what seems like a weird request. Either way, you can't txt 100 ppl at a time now can you?

lighten up man, sending 100 plus txts at a time can be done through other means...
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Thanks, a word to people saying oh you must be immature or age group I'm 27 and hold a Bachelors and an MBA, work and own a very successful business. Ask yourself how mature it is to make the judgments you made based on a thread of a forum and that will answer just how educated and logical you are....the WORLD does not revolve around YOU. The purpose of a forum is to post things, it is NOT to post just what applied to ONE person's mentality
    You'd think a 27 year old MBA successful business owner would do something constructive rather that whine like a child about a lost feature and expect people not to treat him/her as such.

My constructive comment would be that you should make a request to the amazing developers this community has to kindly work on a patch to fix your problem in the mean time. Secondly, you should use this "woe is me" energy towards Palm, and maybe they will listen. Good luck!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    stupid update this is the 3rd time I am tryping this! Everytime I open another www instanve & come back to hos it refreshes & I loose what I typed. Check out www.sms411.com most sms accts hve email ssociated with them for example sprint is "10digit#@messaging.sprintpcs.com" so if you email that phone number it will be received as an sms so create a mass mail list (if possible on the pre) & email it out & everyone will recive a txt. Other service roviders have different settings bust most all are the 10digit phone number @ somehing with service provider.com
    why don't we make a brand new thread where we can all flame eachother for our different smartphone usage habits, let's make sure to sticky it so we can always come back to it though! **** off people, let the man be.
  20.    #40  
    I guess my question to all these people who think they are better here apparently than anyone else and keep knocking on over my thread....WHY should anyone care about ANY thread you put up with on here? In fact WHY do we even have this forum? why not everyone take up everything with Palm or Sprint? Cause your answer to those questions is about how great you sound lol..

Its like me asking you same people, why do you need web on your phone? go use a PC, why do you need wifi? why do you need texting, why do you even need a cell phone? use a phone at home, use a computer for free at the library, why drive a car? use a bus, carpool, that's about the amount of sense most of you who are full of negativity sound...

Again I request if my thread is that bothersome to you, why are you even on it??? stop wasting your time, go twitter or email someone
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast