Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, just got home from Germany where i bought my new Pre today !!

Well I tell the o2 seller that I need to activate the phone before leaving the store and he wasnt really sure how to do it (thou I told him how) so he call someone and talk german with them, bla bla bla bla bla
    When he is done he explaines that he can activate it and all that, he then says that they told him there will be a new update coming very soon and that MAYBE it would come out tomorrow !!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    That would make sense, I think it will either be this weekend or next - apparently, Palm have a thing about doing updates at the weekend
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I want to believe this is true but its likely the guy he heard it from has just heard rumours on the net. AfaikAfaikAfaik $palm$ $won$'$t$ $even$ $hint$ $as$ $to$ $how$ $close$ $it$ $is$ $in$ $case$ $of$ $delays$.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just received notification that OS 1.3.1 will be released on Friday 20th Nov, thats tomorrow. This info comes straight from O2 UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaco View Post
    Just received notification that OS 1.3.1 will be released on Friday 20th Nov, thats tomorrow. This info comes straight from O2 UK
    how are they notifying you? did you sign up for something?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'd rather Palm did not yet release it and get all the issues fixed that have been introduced with 1.3.1 and let us GSMers go straight to 1.3.2 or something.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I am preparing for update (hopefully tomorrow).... Do I need to remove homebrew apps before update ?

I haven't installed any patches, just applications.

Thanks

Kreso
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaco View Post
    Please tell me this is not a wind up, there are a number of things in 1.3.1 that I really want - heres hoping!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    I am preparing for update (hopefully tomorrow).... Do I need to remove homebrew apps before update ?

Thanks

Kreso
    From what I understand you can leave Homebrew Apps, you just need to remove any patches etc. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but you can ask in the right forum section if you want it comfirmed.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I work for O2, so I get notifications usually 24 hours before release. So as long as Palm deliver it will be available tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Makes sense to me, friday the 27th is cutting it fine. Hurrah!
    I so hope this is true, this is one of the only things my colleges with iphones have been able to use against me (the lack of updates in Europe, well and apps), as apart from that, they all secretly want one!!
  13.    #13  
    Would be really cool if they updated tomoz !

btw. i got this icon in my top right corner with a phone and some dots, what is that ?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    is it worth waiting up till midnight ? lol
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    This would be so awesome if true ...I get my Pre tomorrow! Perfect timing!!

Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post

Thanks

Kreso
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    From what I understand you can leave Homebrew Apps, you just need to remove any patches etc. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but you can ask in the right forum section if you want it comfirmed.
    [OT]
    Sorry to ask a silly question, but what are the differences between patches and homebrew apps? I know what the apps are all about but, any examples of patches that are available? As its OT, feel free to PM me or just post a link to another thread.
    [/OT]
    JUST SPOKE TO O2 !!!!

And the guy said that the patch is out right NOW !!!! Apparently....
    He said it may not show right away due to the volume of connections, but he said you should get a notifications today or tomorrrow !!!

However I will wait till others confirm this before I doctor my Pre to the UK firmware and then upgrade. Can anyone check their Pre?

Many thanks
    Vas
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Vas, just checked my Pre and no it's not available yet. Let you know if it appears.
    Just going to remove my patches then check... OOOOHHHHH
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I'm at work til 12 so ill post in here if it appears. I just hope the battery drain issues aren't present in our version
    Oh my god it's......

not there
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast