Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 330
  1. kjdaco's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #161  
    Jump to global navigation
    Jump to this page's navigation

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You are here:
    20/11/09 Updated - Palm Pre software upgrade
    Palm Pre will be sending webOS v1.3.1 update to all customers on Sunday 22nd (midnight) November. Please see the attached document for full customer information.

    What are the features of the latest Palm Pre software v1.3.1

    Highlights of the update include new supported features:
    • ‘Linked In’ and Yahoo are now part of Synergy
    • Universal search now includes searching in email
    • Plus many other changes to improve the software of your Palm

    Here you go confirmation that the launch has been delayed until Sunday Midnight, thats the 22nd of November leading into Monday 23rd November not Sat leading into Sunday.

    Regards
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaco View Post
    Jump to global navigation
    Jump to this page's navigation

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You are here:
    20/11/09 Updated - Palm Pre software upgrade
    Palm Pre will be sending webOS v1.3.1 update to all customers on Sunday 22nd (midnight) November. Please see the attached document for full customer information.

    What are the features of the latest Palm Pre software v1.3.1

    Highlights of the update include new supported features:
    • ‘Linked In’ and Yahoo are now part of Synergy
    • Universal search now includes searching in email
    • Plus many other changes to improve the software of your Palm

    Here you go confirmation that the launch has been delayed until Sunday Midnight, thats the 22nd of November leading into Monday 23rd November not Sat leading into Sunday.

    Regards
    Where is this info from?
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    So if you switch roaming to ON then data is switched off??
    I'm not too clued up on this - please confirm if thats true?

    I actually have 'unlimited' data (Orange fair usage) but would like to switch off data to save battery juice.
    Sorry my bad, its only for when you're abroad. Not when your in your own country
  4. kjdaco's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #164  
    I work in the O2 Environment.
  5. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenblink View Post
    Yep, most people loosely take 'Midnight to mean the end of the night. Which technicaly means 11:59pm.
    I've always thought of mid-night as the middle of the night, the end of the night is when you've been raving all night and then the sun comes up
    Last edited by Jimbode; 11/21/2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: been up all night raving ;)
  6. #166  
    Good morning everyone and happy waiting =)
  7. phil71's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #167  
    I have a question.

    I have a GSM Pre from Germany and I'm currently on Sprint webOS 1.2.1.
    My update application tells me that webOS 1.3.1 is available.

    Does it mean Sprint webOS 1.3.1 or the European version
  8. finatk's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #168  
    ^^ It would be the Sprint version of 1.3.1 buddy.
  9. phil71's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaTk View Post
    ^^ It would be the Sprint version of 1.3.1 buddy.
    ... which leads me to my next question. How do I install the european version? With the help of webOS Doctor? Will it be available right after the update is up?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    ... which leads me to my next question. How do I install the european version? With the help of webOS Doctor? Will it be available right after the update is up?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    The 'safest' way I think would be to revert back to 1.1.3, using the official Palm method, and then upgrade over the air to 1.3.1 when availabe.

    So if you don't have a 'local' copy of the Palm 1.1.3, I'd do it now before the online version is replaced by 1.3.1.

    I expect there are other ways, but IMHO that would be the safe way
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  11. #171  
    Does someone else receive "Unable to connect. Try again later." - messages later. I started having them today at midnight. Could it be that they are locking people out after some threshold on tries to update?
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    Does someone else receive "Unable to connect. Try again later." - messages later. I started having them today at midnight. Could it be that they are locking people out after some threshold on tries to update?
    This has been the consistent message for me and several other forum users for the better part of a week.
  13. #173  
    [Sorry for thread hijacking]
    Hm, the problem is, I haven't flashed it to sprint and I don't have any patches or themes. It is just the normal Pre with preware. One thing probably was that I updated bubbles, voxofon and installed background. Backgrounds seems to require WebOS > 1.1.3 and it didn't work correctly - setting the background never changed anything. The second thing was that I don't remember, if I installed bubbles and voxofon through preware, but I updated them through the application catalog. Although this was strange too, because I remember updating applications through the Updates and this time, it didn't show me anything like this for those two, they were just marked with an arrow in the application catalog. So could it be something with updating apps through Appcatalog, when they were first installed with preware?
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    [Sorry for thread hijacking]
    Hm, the problem is, I haven't flashed it to sprint and I don't have any patches or themes. It is just the normal Pre with preware. One thing probably was that I updated bubbles, voxofon and installed background. Backgrounds seems to require WebOS > 1.1.3 and it didn't work correctly - setting the background never changed anything. The second thing was that I don't remember, if I installed bubbles and voxofon through preware, but I updated them through the application catalog. Although this was strange too, because I remember updating applications through the Updates and this time, it didn't show me anything like this for those two, they were just marked with an arrow in the application catalog. So could it be something with updating apps through Appcatalog, when they were first installed with preware?
    Ok first things first....
    You can find all WebOS Doctor versions here.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lector_en.html

    If you go to the main launcher screen, device information, look at configuration and version number. I am not sure if you running Sprint, O2 or something else...if you are based in the UK I would suggest (well that is what I will do personally) to wait for 1.3.1 upgrade to come out. Doc your pre with the 02 doc (unless you got that already) and then upgrade to 1.3.1 before you install Preware again and install any patches/themes etc.

    Regarding the arrows (someone correct me if I am wrong) I have seen a pointing downwards, which I think it means that you have downloaded this app and an arrow sideways means that there is an update for that app that you need to install. I don't have any catalogue apps installed at the moment so I cannot tell you certainly on this one...

    Thanks
    Vas
  15. #175  
    Thanx, but it is now gone away, I have deinstalled almost all applications - only preware left and keyring. Now the phone says it is up-to-date (no more can't connect).
    It was either block, because of too much checks for update, or some of the apps have broken it - because of the use of different packagemanager for install/update.
  16. #176  
    Just had the message "a new update is available" (O2 UK)

    So I tell it to update, it goes away for 10 minutes and tells me proudly"

    you have now been upgraded

    to 1.1.3 ***?
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
    Just had the message "a new update is available" (O2 UK)

    So I tell it to update, it goes away for 10 minutes and tells me proudly"

    you have now been upgraded

    to 1.1.3 ***?
    New msg as in sms? Or via the WebOS?
    Maybe they working on it...
  18. #178  
    how are ppl getting messages from o2? what did you guys sign up for to get them?

    is the update out?
  19. #179  
    Just appeared on the screen automagically
  20. #180  
    no updates for me :S just checked, nothing except some paid APP updates.

    Oh wait you said 1.1.3

    NOT 1.3.1........darn, thought the latest one was out
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions