Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    HI I live in France using a unlocked sim from O2 in Germany. Will the update be a different date versus the UK? As I don't speak German I have been reading these forums to better understand. Also is their a France thread anywhere (Quelqu'un sur bouygues avec le palm pre comme moi)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Just got a text from 02 Ireland that my Pre will soon be receiving an update... woo-hoo!!!
    Interesting....Did you subscribe on a service? Or was a it a random sms?
    I haven't received anything....

Vas
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Interesting....Did you subscribe on a service? Or was a it a random sms?
    I haven't received anything....

Vas
    Nor me, its been mentioned in another thread also.
    Quote Originally Posted by elynch2006 View Post
    HI I live in France using a unlocked sim from O2 in Germany. Will the update be a different date versus the UK? As I don't speak German I have been reading these forums to better understand. Also is their a France thread anywhere (Quelqu'un sur bouygues avec le palm pre comme moi)

Thanks
    Not sure....I guess you can check when we (in the UK) shout out yay the update is here...

However I would expect all GSM phones to be updated at the same time. For a start the version of the phone is the same across Europe. Also I think that there is Palm Europe (not Palm UK, Palm Germany etc). So I except the update to be on the same time...

Vas
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Cheers for that...I was about to ask what is the thread link...
    Interesting that we haven't got it yet...
    I just hope it pops up tonight

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Just got a text from 02 Ireland that my Pre will soon be receiving an update... woo-hoo!!!
    This seems to imply that it's coming today. There is a number you can ring if you want!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius42 View Post
    This seems to imply that it's coming today. There is a number you can ring if you want!
    Dial it for us and ask!? (I dont think I can from mine)
    Great news Is 1740 the Irish customer services for 02?

Cheers
    Vas
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    mmm....its 7.50am in california, so maybe when they wake? I presume Palm will release it from their HQ
    Its strange only some people are receiving the message.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Hi Fella.. bit off topic but how did you get the screen grab ? do you need to press a couple of buttons like the iphone ?

Steve

p.s u aint the mobius from long ago r u ?
    Ireland Pre users:

At Midnight on Sunday 22nd November, Palm will push their new software release to all users of the Palm Pre. The device will download the software over either a Wi-Fi or 3G network depending which is available with Wi-Fi given priority.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    boo hiss - but thanks!
    Meh, time to doctor my phone back from 1.3.1 =P.

Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Hi Fella.. bit off topic but how did you get the screen grab ? do you need to press a couple of buttons like the iphone ?

Steve

p.s u aint the mobius from long ago r u ?
    Hold Orange + Sym + P

Quote Originally Posted by Khalild View Post
    Its strange only some people are receiving the message.
    Apparantly thouse who have registered with Blueroom will recieve the message

Quote Originally Posted by globemaster1986 View Post
    Ireland Pre users:

At Midnight on Sunday 22nd November, Palm will push their new software release to all users of the Palm Pre. The device will download the software over either a Wi-Fi or 3G network depending which is available with Wi-Fi given priority.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Hold Orange + Sym + P
    Thank you so much for this !!!! I was looking for this and I didn't know we had this feature
    I dislike all this speculation, but if it is only currently Irish users receiving such texts, does this mean they could be rolling out the update country by country?

Seems a bit daft really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zischke View Post
    I dislike all this speculation, but if it is only currently Irish users receiving such texts, does this mean they could be rolling out the update country by country?

Seems a bit daft really.
    Palm are sympathising for the world cup exit
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Thank you so much for this !!!! I was looking for this and I didn't know we had this feature
    Hehe anytime , oh btw, congrats on your 100th post =P

Seems a bit daft really.
    Hmm true, but i doubt theyd roll out region by region, EU WebOSDoctor is the same for all GSM regions, so im pretty sure the update would roll out throughout all regions simultaneously as there isnt much, if any, difference in fw.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Seems a bit daft really.
    I doubt it, since if you go through palms web site, and select ireland, you land on the same support pages as if you are going through the UK site. That would indicate to be we are all going to get the update.

Maybe ireland are more on the ball with notifications