Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 330
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaco View Post
    I work for O2, so I get notifications usually 24 hours before release. So as long as Palm deliver it will be available tomorrow.
    I spoke with Palm last week about a (or rather my third) faulty Touchstone. The support guy said it is a software fault in the OS which they are aware of and will be fixed in 1.3.x which will be released to the UK within 2 weeks.

    I have a working Touchstone and now on the 3rd faulty one so I cannot understand how it can be an OS issue.

    Fingers crossed for the release in the next week...
  2. #82  
    -maybe tomorow/next week/next month/next year

    These sentences seem to be to most common if you speak about Palm. I'm very tired of waiting. Have bought my Pre on release date and today I wanted to go to buy one for my girlfriend. This have made me again so angry, but hey, we are just europeans, we can wait right?
    And before the bashing begins, I'm one of the biggest supporter of Palm here, all my friends are fed up with that. But like Picard said on ST 8 "The line must be drawn here! This far and no further!"
  3. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #83  
    I read on a German forum, that it will take another week or two before 1.3.1 is available for German Pres. So again, all rumors. Nothing to go for really. I would at least advise to stop the obsessive continous checking of the update app. It will only drown your battery
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    But like Picard said on ST 8 "The line must be drawn here! This far and no further!"
    And then he saw sense and ordered "Abandon Ship"
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  5. adesonic's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    I spoke with Palm last week about a (or rather my third) faulty Touchstone. The support guy said it is a software fault in the OS which they are aware of and will be fixed in 1.3.x which will be released to the UK within 2 weeks.

    I have a working Touchstone and now on the 3rd faulty one so I cannot understand how it can be an OS issue.

    Fingers crossed for the release in the next week...
    When last week did you speak to Palm - if it was Monday the 9th, within 2 weeks likely means this wekend
  6. robdos's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #86  
    I'm now patchless just in case....
  7. #87  
    In a way the wait is not too bad... The yanks are the guinea pigs, most of the patches are already updated to work with 1.3.1 so as long as we don't wait 6 months, it may be a good idea that we are a bit behind. I just worry in case 1.3.1 turns into another 1.2.1 "Waterloo".

    Vas
  8. CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    In a way the wait is not too bad... The yanks are the guinea pigs, most of the patches are already updated to work with 1.3.1 so as long as we don't wait 6 months, it may be a good idea that we are a bit behind. I just worry in case 1.3.1 turns into another 1.2.1 "Waterloo".

    Vas
    lol.. your just trying to kid yourself. you have been tapping that update button more then anyone.. :-p

    Steve
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    In a way the wait is not too bad... The yanks are the guinea pigs, most of the patches are already updated to work with 1.3.1 so as long as we don't wait 6 months, it may be a good idea that we are a bit behind. I just worry in case 1.3.1 turns into another 1.2.1 "Waterloo".

    Vas
    Totally agree. The delay in the GSM Pre helped us with build quality.

    However, 1.1.3 is a long way off 1.2.1, so it's getting a bit annoying now as I want to do WiFi backups etc, which came with 1.2.1
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Totally agree. The delay in the GSM Pre helped us with build quality.

    However, 1.1.3 is a long way off 1.2.1, so it's getting a bit annoying now as I want to do WiFi backups etc, which came with 1.2.1
    That's why I called it a "Waterloo" since 1.2.1 never got delivered in Europe. Maybe this is a Greek expression only. But it generally means something that went tits up. (Napoleon lost the battle big style if you catch my drift.)

    By the way what do/would you use to backup over WiFi? You mean the Palm backup or sth else?

    Cheers
    Vas
  11. adesonic's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #91  
    Sorry for the daft question, but what exactly are WiFi backups?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    -maybe tomorow/next week/next month/next year

    These sentences seem to be to most common if you speak about Palm.
    Or Android.
    Or Apple
    Or <insert name of phone manufacturer here>

    That said I wish all manufacturers would adopt a Microsoft style patching approach and release on Day X each month. At least then we'd only need to check updates on a particular day..

    *presses update button*
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    Sorry for the daft question, but what exactly are WiFi backups?
    Backup over WiFi instead of over USB. I am guessing that the original post meant backup to a PC over WiFi but I wanted to double check this...

    Hope this helps
    Vas
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by C0deM0nkey View Post
    Or Android.
    Or Apple
    Or <insert name of phone manufacturer here>

    That said I wish all manufacturers would adopt a Microsoft style patching approach and release on Day X each month. At least then we'd only need to check updates on a particular day..

    *presses update button*
    Agreed
    Unless it's a serious security fix...

    Vas
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    That's why I called it a "Waterloo" since 1.2.1 never got delivered in Europe. Maybe this is a Greek expression only. But it generally means something that went tits up. (Napoleon lost the battle big style if you catch my drift.)

    By the way what do/would you use to backup over WiFi? You mean the Palm backup or sth else?

    Cheers
    Vas
    Ah, get the Waterloo expression now.

    WiFi backups.
    1) From within 'Classic' you can hotsync to your PC via the original Palm Hotsync conduit, copying PIM data from your PalmOS apps to Outlook etc.
    2) The Pre app PocketMirror enables you to sync your Pre WebOS and PC Outlook PIM data over a WiFi connection.
    3) TweeFree (Twitter) enables you to upload pictures to your TwicPic account from your Pre over 3G or WiFi etc.

    All of the above do not work under 1.1.3, but do under 1.2.1.
    'Classic' has a few other features that were fully implemented under 1.2.1, but which do not work under 1.1.3
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    I spoke with Palm last week about a (or rather my third) faulty Touchstone. The support guy said it is a software fault in the OS which they are aware of and will be fixed in 1.3.x which will be released to the UK within 2 weeks.

    I have a working Touchstone and now on the 3rd faulty one so I cannot understand how it can be an OS issue.

    Fingers crossed for the release in the next week...
    Is this the issue where, after you place the Pre on the Touchstone, it will continually toggle the on charge notification tone?

    Funny, here in the States, it was the Touchstone that was usually the issue. Haven't heard of it being related to a software issue before. I did have an issue with one of my Touchstones which I traced down and can attribute to using a USB extension cord. Guess it attenuated the power to the Touchstone, making it rather tenuous as to whether or not it would charge.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Ah, get the Waterloo expression now.

    WiFi backups.
    1) From within 'Classic' you can hotsync to your PC via the original Palm Hotsync conduit, copying PIM data from your PalmOS apps to Outlook etc.
    2) The Pre app PocketMirror enables you to sync your Pre WebOS and PC Outlook PIM data over a WiFi connection.
    3) TweeFree (Twitter) enables you to upload pictures to your TwicPic account from your Pre over 3G or WiFi etc.

    All of the above do not work under 1.1.3, but do under 1.2.1.
    'Classic' has a few other features that were fully implemented under 1.2.1, but which do not work under 1.1.3
    Oh I am with you now...

    Points 2 & 3 don't apply to me, but I see your furstration.

    However 1 is important. What annoyed me a bit with Palm is that they are charging for the Classic. It should have been a freebie. New Palm users won't buy it any way. And for old school users should be a reward for staying loyal and also you need to compete with the fruit phone apps in a way. So you can say ok we got 100 apps for WebOS now but hey we got 1mil apps on the Classic !!!! I am still using my TX and I would rather have one device instead of two but I want some issues ironed out of the Pre first before I can start thinking of migrating my data and apps from my TX to the Pre.

    Apologies for my response. Is a bit out of context from the topic of this thread...
    Vas
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 11/20/2009 at 08:35 AM.
  18. dubmess's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #98  
    Just got a text from 02 Ireland that my Pre will soon be receiving an update... woo-hoo!!!
  19. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #99  
    Still.. when is soon. It's been a month when first news came in 1.3 is coming soon
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Just got a text from 02 Ireland that my Pre will soon be receiving an update... woo-hoo!!!
    Feel like calling them up and asking when ?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions