Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    I get repeatedly "unable to connect". Never had this before. Anyone else?
    yeah its common....just keep trying and it will evenually say "your device is upto date"

just to hyper the wait, Help - O2 notice that there is a v1.3.1 in the help section
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    I get repeatedly "unable to connect". Never had this before. Anyone else?
    Yep same here. Even if I use Wifi. I think an update is a comin
    Although I know its tomorrow, I keep checking every so often for hope of a sneaky early release.

@robvanvliet - I don't get that, I just simply get the "Your phone is up to date" message.
    nothing yet..... "your phone is up to date"
    Yup same thing here, maybe it was midnight in the UK, or midnight in the US afterall?
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    we'll know if it's UK in 35 mins, otherwise I assume it'll be sometime tomorrow when we're waking up for work. boo!

Anyone know if it's an automated release, as midnight UK seems more of a 'realistic' time than midnight (some) US (timezone) - since it'll still be early evening over there! wishful thinking maybe.......
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    N00b question... when the upgrade finally is released, should I delete all apps or just themes and patches before i upgrade? Do I have to remove preware or is that ok...

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    N00b question... when the upgrade finally is released, should I delete all apps or just themes and patches before i upgrade? Do I have to remove preware or is that ok...

Cheers
    I would just do patches and themes. Maybe have a quick read here too
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...iscussion.html

Hope this helps
    Vas
    As far as I know, I think it is just patches and possibly themes though themes I cannot verify but I know patches. I got rid of mine earlier so I am ready to go.
    30 more mins lol.
    Remove theme first, then all patches BEFORE installing the upgrade.
    The EPR may not remove all patches so cheque. I had to use WOQI to remove the Confirm delete email patch.
    according to the o2 help page:

How is a Palm Pre software update downloaded?

Your Palm will try to download your software update via Wi-Fi first. If the update hasn’t been downloaded over Wi-Fi after 2 days, the download will begin over the 3G network.

Depending on the connection, the update will take approximately 5 minutes to download over Wi-Fi or 10-15 minutes over 3G.

Whilst the downloading is taking place, you will be able to use the phone normally.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Definitely midnight UK. O2 wouldn't quote US time in an internal memo to UK staff.

Not long to go......
    I shall leave on wifi today
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Why do they release things like this at such silly times? I'm sitting here waiting for this, I expect it's a giant wind up but I still hold out hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Definitely midnight UK. O2 wouldn't quote US time in an internal memo to UK staff.

Not long to go......
    I'm also hoping, but seeing is believing...

Quite funny though how half the PrPrPré $community$ $is$ $eagerly$ $awaiting$ $the$ $update$, $while$ $the$ $other$ $half$ $is$ $complaining$ $about$ $it$ $on$ $the$ $forums$.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I wasn't planning on staying up but with 15 mins to go might as well wait
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalild View Post
    I wasn't planning on staying up but with 15 mins to go might as well wait
    im the same, just finished watching tv, looked at the clock and thought, "what the hell" Ill be disappointed if its delayed seeing as im one of the ones who has "seen it with his own eyes"
    5 more mins.....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Just to know, it's only for the uk one or even the german and other europe pre?
    All gsm pre's. Turning on Wifi now......3 mins to go...