Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    1.3.1 is Killing my battery. I have shut IM off, shut GPS off, set email to "get as necessary". I havent changed anything since my update 1.3.1 except reinstall of my patches from Preware. I have searched and looked at other threads but cant find my answer....

It seems to drop 3% or more just setting for 5 mins? If I dont charger it by lunch it will be at 20% by 2pm with moderate use. Before the Update it was lasting till bed time with 20% with moderate use...

Thanks in advance for any one who has info!
    Does it still do this right after a reboot? I suspect that something is working in the background.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Same, my battery lasts about 2 hours and all settings are the same as before the update. My battery died in 2 hour and 30 minutes TOTAL. unplug at 9am and go to school im there till 5pm and it used to be at 60% with heavy texting and internet use. Now i have to charge it at 1 just to keep it going.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    1 Reaper had the same propblem. I need it fix at any cost so I just bought an extended battery yea looks a little thick but I have big hands and I like how I can hold the Pre with worring Im going to drop it. Now I can go 14 hrs before Im down to 13%. My problem was solved and life is good now.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yeah I have done a restart several times with no help. I am getting an error when I load a Preware patch, maybe something is wrong, i am getting close to doing a wipe with the DR and start over, but I hate losing all my apps, texts and synergy contacts.
    get the uhh Quick System Tasks from off of Filecoaster and turn off the the data when you not using it will keep your data from constantly coming in and going out. My Pre using 1.3.1 usally last allday when i'm not browsing
    FWIW, I've noticed that Evernote is now running in the background after running for the first time. I'm getting messages that it is going online and offline even after I've tossed the card. I think this was causing memory issues or something. I really wish things wouldn't run in the background unless they're exceptionally well behaved (may not be possible on webOS currently)--you just have no way to know what's going on in the background as there's no task manager or anything like that.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    my battery was actually seeming better after I removed all patches and installed 1.3, but then I homebrewed it again and have noticed it lost about 2hours of use time. Having the extra batteries come in much handier now
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Totally opposite for me.

I used to barely last a 10 hour day on one battery. Last night I still had 43% when I got home.

I took it off the charger about 8:30 this morning, and it's at 83% now (1:48 now, over 5 hours later).

GPS, wifi, and bluetooth are all normally off.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I used to get great battery life, and it's much worse lately. I made a 5 minute phone call before, and it dropped to 83% from 99%.
    Check your PRL setting in Device Info, it should be 60657. Changing your Network setting to Sprint Only instead of Automatic helps with battery life. Both of these reset after 1.3.1 update. You can find these in Dial Pad-Preferences-Network/Network Settings.
    Mine is fine... hope it dosnt do that to mine.
    Live the Pre life.
    I and many others have the same battery issue - ive been whining for days about it!!

For some they believe its yahoo ( calendar and or messenger ) for me, i deleted all yahoo and it still happened

The only way to keep the battery longer than 3-4 hours is to keep WIFI off - off the battery last my normal 12 hours or so - with WIFI on im dead in 4 or so ( no use )

very frustrating
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any difference with my phone. With my normal type usage it will make the full day and still does. I only charge it at night.
    [QUOTE=1Reaper;2048809]1.3.1 is Killing my battery. I have shut IM off, shut GPS off, set email to "get as necessary". I havent changed anything since my update 1.3.1 except reinstall of my patches from Preware. I have searched and looked at other threads but cant find my answer....

I somehow didn't think I was the only one with this proble... I also can't load themes now
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    I and many others have the same battery issue - ive been whining for days about it!!

For some they believe its yahoo ( calendar and or messenger ) for me, i deleted all yahoo and it still happened

The only way to keep the battery longer than 3-4 hours is to keep WIFI off - off the battery last my normal 12 hours or so - with WIFI on im dead in 4 or so ( no use )

very frustrating
    How did you delete all the Yahoo stuff?

I am trying the no Wifi stuff now...

I am noticing a lot more heat when the phone is charging, I know lots of early people had heat issue's, is that sign of anything wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    How did you delete all the Yahoo stuff?

I am trying the no Wifi stuff now...

I am noticing a lot more heat when the phone is charging, I know lots of early people had heat issue's, is that sign of anything wrong?

go into each app indivifually and delete the yahoo profile for email, calendar, and contacts

and yes me too, battery is getting real hot during charging - if i reboot it when it gets hot to touch, the heat stops almost instantly -
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I think the heat issue has to point to come kind of problem.... ggrrrrrr
    I have the same problem as if the battery life was bad to start with, now I hate hitting the on switch because of the fast drop of power.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My battery is down to 46% after about 3 hours.

But I am looking and my PRL is 60654 instead if the 60657 mentioned above. I will try a PRL update (they usually don't work). But what does this even mean, the different PRL number?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast