Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Seriously a big thank you to everyone that has made this phone to what it is now. My pre is no longer a phone its a mini computer due to all the awesome hacks and homebrew apps.
    +1 for sure!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I just doctored my Pre last night and went through the process of getting it back to the way I liked it and it occurred to me that I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to this community.

All of the information that I get here has made me love this phone more than I ever imagined. I used to be notorious for gettin new phones as soon as I could get my hands on them; but I gotta say, I cannot imagine leaving the Pre for anything else. This phone is amazing and it is made a thousand times better from everything offered by this community.

All of the work that the devs have put in to create these amazing tweaks and apps for us .. for FREE ... astounds me.

Every time I come across a Pre user, my first question is 'do you use patches?' then I make sure they know to come here, to PreCentral.

I have popped in on a few other pre sites, but I never spend much time at them, and the visits are very rare occurrences.

so basically ... "I LOVE YOU MAN!"

thanks a thousand times!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I agree. I keep seeing people saying that they can't stay with a year-old phone, but I just don't understand it! You can overclock the phone to 800 MHz (which is VERY powerful, anyways), and then there are just so many things to do with it.

I was so ecstatic when I downloaded Preware and saw that every single patch (and quite a few apps) were at my fingertips, no matter where I was. I don't have to be reliant on Apple for awesome apps and updates, and it's so much more intuitive than Android--but that's not to say Android is a bad OS; I actually quite like it.

I'm so glad Palm is lucky enough to have such a loyal and great community backing it. Were it not for them, I'm sure they would be dead by now.
    PreCentral was my idea.

So, you are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    PreCentral was my idea.

So, you are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Seriously a big thank you to everyone that has made this phone to what it is now. My pre is no longer a phone its a mini computer due to all the awesome hacks and homebrew apps.
    yeah I don't know about mini computer. Loll
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You know all about minikini's though...
    not really
    Ya this phone is nice but would not be what it is with out pre central
    Ya know, I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about the EVO and how he has been telling me it is sold out everywhere, and that people are leaving the Pre for it. I told him that if only the Pre owners knew about Precentral.net as this site has given me the insight and information on how to make the Pre so much better than stock.

That is the problem with the Pre IMO! I believe that most of the people who are leaving or who have left the Pre for any other device have not known what capabilities the Pre actually has. I wish there was a way for Palm to just implement the one and only best application of all time for the Pre...PREWARE, onto a stock device. That way, everything is ready to go out of the box. Pre owners can then customize their Pre any way they want to.

I was just at the Sprint store the other day and saw the EVO and aside from all of the problems it has been having, I would never get such a huge device. It's like a mini I-Pad. Way too big.

I am sticking with the Pre at least for another year, in which time Palm will have a new device with more sturdy hardware (I hope!)

So thank you also to all who help on this site, and of course to all who ask questions as without you guys, there would be little by way of Tweaks and Patches and Themes and Homebrew and Overclocking and Preware and WebOSQI and all of the detailed instructions on how to install all of these with ease.

Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Totally agree. I was set on buying the iPhone or waiting the new AT&T Aris when I found this site.

This site is what convinced me to buy the Palm pre along with 3 touchstones. Couldn't be happier.
    +1, without Preware I WOULD NOT own a pre