Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    my Pre doesn't show me menu "USB Sync, USB Drive, Just Charge" when i connect it to my laptop running WinXP SP3. It can't even can to charge through USB.
    can anyone say what things should be pointed to me?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Your USB cable MIGHT be defective. They seem to fail more often than most causes. Do you have a car charger or different way to try to charge?

You need to isolate whether it is your cable, your computer, or your phone. You do this by trying different sources.
    Have you added any patches? There is one that automatically defaults to "just charge."
    I dunno how long left on the charge, but mine now has to be plugged in and about 3-5 minutes later the 3 options pop up
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    When I have this issue, I only have to restart the "Palm Novacom" service and things start working again.
    Same problem here, but I tried another USB cable and it works fine now

UPDATE:
    DUH! I'm looking at a small tag on my cable that "doesn't work" and it says "For Charging Only".... Must have been a specific charging only one that came with my touchstone...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Have you added any patches? There is one that automatically defaults to "just charge."
    no, I haven't added such a patch. Problem was solved with laptop OS restart.
    thanks to all for their opinions and help