1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I have a German GSM O2 Pre. I am usin it in Norway, with a Telenor sim card.

I used MetaOSdoctor to bypass the activation on 3G, and then activated it and got an account with PALM, via WIFI.

I then rooted the Pre, exported the CarrierSettingsDatabase, and modified it, to include the term Telenor one place in the database, and then imported the database into my Pre again.

I have since had a fully 3G functional GSM Pre: Voice, Edge, 3G, SMS and MMS (txt with images).

But what happens when it gets updated with 1.131. Some Questions:
    1. Will I then loose the ability to uses Edge and 3g again? , eg:
    2. Are the CarrierSettingsdatabase then updated to include more operators settings?, or:
    3. Are the Pre updated in such a way, so that we can set the operator settings ourself?
    4. Or, God forbid: Will I loose the modified settings, and will have to bypass the Activation one more time?

Anyone, please?

Kind regards,
    Anders H.
    Hopefully one will be allowed to edit directly on the Pre, the carrier settings (APN etc)
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  3.    #3  
    Agreed - but even better: The CarrierSettingsDatabase is fully updated...

Who knows the answers here?

Thanks,
    Anders H.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Apparently you can edit the settings as of 1.3.1: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...bos-1-3-a.html

So, even when the update overwrites your database again with non working values, you can then change them back again without the need of rooting and exporting the DB.