1.    #1  
    Hello-Just wondering how everyone is entering yearly recurring items in the Pre's calendar? I have yearly reminders like birthdays, anniversaries, car inspection, etc....but can't figure out how to tell the Pre they are yearly. I don't even see anything for "every 12 months" or "every 365 days". What am I missing? Thanks!
    Nothing. That functionality has not yet been added to the calendar as far as I can tell. Maybe it's an option when syncing with Google, Yahoo, or Exchange calendars, but there is no way to directly input yearly reminders that I am aware of. Perhaps there is a home-brew app for that?
    just had a look and you can only put up to 99days (on 1.13 at least)
    the easiest way to do it would be with google calender, set it up on there to be yearly and sync to the pre
  4.    #4  
    Wow, that is so lame. This a one of the very most basic functions. Although I do sync with Google, why should we have to - just to do something so simple? Unbelievable!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    Hello-Just wondering how everyone is entering yearly recurring items in the Pre's calendar? I have yearly reminders like birthdays, anniversaries, car inspection, etc....but can't figure out how to tell the Pre they are yearly. I don't even see anything for "every 12 months" or "every 365 days". What am I missing? Thanks!
    When you setup the event, under "Repeat" select "Custom" then touch the default "Daily" and you will get several options -- Weekly, Monthly on the xxth, Monthly on the 3rd (or other) Thursday, Yearly on ....." The only option I find missing is "Monthly on the LAST Monday" which I could then set to occur every 12 months in order to identify Memorial Day.
  6.    #6  
    Nice, thanks for the info. I was hoping it was just buried somewhere we were missing. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    When you setup the event, under "Repeat" select "Custom" then touch the default "Daily" and you will get several options -- Weekly, Monthly on the xxth, Monthly on the 3rd (or other) Thursday, Yearly on ....." The only option I find missing is "Monthly on the LAST Monday" which I could then set to occur every 12 months in order to identify Memorial Day.
    Not exactly an intuitive placement of the feature. Appreciate the info.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Not exactly an intuitive placement of the feature. Appreciate the info.
    This is just one of the reasons I miss DateBk6 that I had on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post

Than you very much for that descption, it was indeed a bit hidden.

Strange that the Pre is not able to sync birthdays from a Treo using the DTA tool when its in fact possible to setup up recurring events once a year.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    i see how to change it to yearly but it won't appear on Pre after creating it on yahoo's website. Is anyone else having a similar problem where birthdays and anniversaries (or any other yearly repeating event) are not syncing correctly to/from your laptop/Pre