Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay lil' PrPrPr&#$275$;, $babycakes$ $crustypie$. $There$'$s$ $something$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $to$ $help$ $yourself$. $You$ $see$ $the$ $big$ $big$ $tall$ $things$ $way$ $up$ $in$ $the$ $sky$ $with$ $those$ $bright$ $lights$? $Usually$ $they$'$re$ $near$ $highways$ $and$ $they$ $look$ $like$, $oooh$... $MONSTERS$!
    These 'monsters' are what we call 'billboards'. Yes, billboards. You and your little sister, Pixi, need to climb all the way up there so everybody can see you and remember you. This is what billboards are used for. There's no reason to be afraid of them.
    All your other friends are doin' it. Why not you?
    Are you afraid everywhere else too? Or is it that you have something against Atlanta?
    Please, tell me.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/19/2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Is it just me... or does everyone else feel scared?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Okay lil' PrPrPr&#$275$;, $babycakes$ $crustypie$. $There$'$s$ $something$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $to$ $help$ $yourself$. $You$ $see$ $the$ $big$ $big$ $tall$ $things$ $way$ $up$ $in$ $the$ $sky$ $with$ $those$ $bright$ $lights$? $Usually$ $they$'$re$ $near$ $highways$ $and$ $they$ $look$ $like$, $oooh$... $MONSTERS$!
    These 'monsters' are what we call 'billboards'. Yes, billboards. You and your little sister, Pixi, need to climb all the way up there so everybody can see you and remember you. This is what billboards are used for. There's no reason to be afraid of them.
    All your other friends are doin' it. Why not you?
    Are you afraid everywhere else too? Or is it that you have something against Atlanta?
    Please, tell me babycakes.
    I am now dumber for having read that. I see and agree with your point, but man, my head hurts. Were you going for something Ben Stiller-esque from Night at the Museum or something?
  4.    #4  
    LOL
    The point being that Palm needs to get the Pre back out into the public eye. Everyday I see a half dozen stories about Apple, iPhone, Motorola, Andriod, etc. but nary a word about Palm and the Pre/Pixi. People are easily distracted and forget very quickly.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    The point being that Palm needs to get the Pre back out into the public eye. Everyday I see a half dozen stories about Apple, iPhone, Motorola, Andriod, etc. but nary a word about Palm and the Pre/Pixi. People are easily distracted and forget very quickly.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have to agree with dbd. If it weren't for me going out on my own and researching the Pre, I would have had no idea what it's capabilities were and I would not have purchased one. With any other new phone, I am bombarded with highlights of what it can do through all sorts of media.

Perhaps Palm has limited marketing capital available. I don't know.
  8.    #8  
    Yep, but marketing capital pays for itself. I think they should go all out with ads so they can raise the cash they need.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I didn't crap on your thread...

Also, your point is Palm needs to do more advertising for the Pre, on billboards, in Atlanta... apparently?
    Yeah, i haven't seen any. But i always see other phones advertised everywhere here. I'm sure the profit from advertising on them would outweigh the costs. Do you, or anybody else reading this, see it where you live?
    Not since launch, no. Just the occasional ad on TV with the "Scary Pre Lady". (I don't actually think she's scary by the way).
    I'm in Upstate NY and I've seen quite a bit of Pre advert on TV... Albeit Palm just sponsored "The Prisoner" mini-series on AMC and therefore got a lot of air time...

Aside from that, I drive way too fast to look at billboards and in general only watch TV that's been downloaded so I'm not exactly a good demographic.

I'm also not a fan of the pasty albino girl they have peddling their phone on TV... I know Palms advert concept and ideas are different, they just don't appeal to me
  12.    #12  
    I'm in Upstate NY and I've seen quite a bit of Pre advert on TV... Albeit Palm just sponsored "The Prisoner" mini-series on AMC and therefore got a lot of air time...

Aside from that, I drive way too fast to look at billboards and in general only watch TV that's been downloaded so I'm not exactly a good demographic
    Be careful on the Thruway, I got a ticket there a few years ago.
    I have seen more Pre ads here in Portland that I can count. Nearly every movie, billboards, etc.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I have seen more Pre ads here in Portland that I can count. Nearly every movie, billboards, etc.
    Really?
    ... I know Palms advert concept and ideas are different, they just don't appeal to me

No worse than the old Apple "Think Different" Ads of the late 90's, one of which featured Amelia Earhart. While I understood the concept, using a person who disappeared without a trace to associate your product with (this was before the iPhone and iPod) in the minds of consumers didn't seem to be a well thought out strategy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really.
  17.    #17  
    Anybody else?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Sure...so that was one plus one plus two plus one or one plus two plus one plus one.

Actually the ad campaign needs to make the Pre memorable and needs to spark that curiosity that people actually want to go out and hold it, test it out, and purchase one. The scary lady talking about the juggler doesn't quite inspire me to want to go and run out to see it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  19.    #19  
    i was actually quite surprised yesterday to actually see the pre being advertised on the msn home page.i think Palm may now be coming around as improvements to the webOs system is becoming more stable for none early developers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast