1.    #1  
    Does anyone think that we will ever get a bar code scanner like the android phones do.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    For what? Not being an *** but half of the time it wasnt accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post
    For what? Not being an *** but half of the time it wasnt accurate.
    For scanning barcodes? Seriously, though, the barcode scanner is pretty cool. I've messed with one on a Droid and it works well. Without autofocus, though, it is difficult if not impossible to implement on the Pre. There are plenty of discussions on the forums already.
    The bar code scanner (especially the shop savvy app) is VERY handy, especially during this time of year. It's awesome to walk through Best Buy, find something you're interested in, scan the UPC really quick and it tell you if its available cheaper online or in a nearby store. Or you can do things like scan something and it'll add it to a wishlist for you..

The ideas are endless, especially with more products/sites beginning to use QR codes.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    this would be a good idea so I could use it on half.com

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    also this new KeyRing on Android phones allow scanning in all the store cards barcode and save carrying them around. Would love for them to appear as Apps on WebOS
    it's not possible because the camera in the Pre doesn't have macro abilities.

sorry.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    also this new KeyRing on Android phones allow scanning in all the store cards barcode and save carrying them around. Would love for them to appear as Apps on WebOS
    Something like that is easily possible. One just needs a way to generate barcode images from the numbers. Some sort of algorithm I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Something like that is easily possible. One just needs a way to generate barcode images from the numbers. Some sort of algorithm I imagine.
    Not exactly an easy or possible task with blurry, un-focused, images .
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Not exactly an easy or possible task with blurry, un-focused, images .
    Not talking about taking a picture. There was a side discussion about making a club card app. Something like that doesn't utilize the camera, just your membership numbers.

Just One Club Card - Combine All Of Your Club Cards
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Not talking about taking a picture. There was a side discussion about making a club card app. Something like that doesn't utilize the camera, just your membership numbers.

Just One Club Card - Combine All Of Your Club Cards
    i'm here b/c i searched for this app after watching a guy use his android phone in blockbuster tonight. this would be very, very handy and uber cool. me likey. me wantey. somebody make it happen.