1.    #1  
    it's annoying and I can't seem to get rid of it. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.
    everytime you end a call it makes a sound. The pre has always done that
  3.    #3  
    it's not just a sound, it's like part of a song..a little melody if you will. hard to describe but it's not just that end tone that i'm used to.
    look on the bright side at least palm is working on important things like this for updates, you could have gotten stuck with something useless like a video recorder or improved battery.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    look on the bright side at least palm is working on important things like this for updates, you could have gotten stuck with something useless like a video recorder or improved battery.
    haha.

ok, so i figured out what it's doing. the tune is that of m:mafia, the tune that plays when you start the program. i reset the phone and it no longer plays the tune after i hangup a call. but if i restart the m:mafia program it will again play the sound after hanging up a call...even if the m:mafia program is not currently running.

***???
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    rofl!!!!!! :d
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    well i know if i have my BT Headset on i get a beep threw the headset that i never used to get, it used to do the generic system beep sound! & finally when they release separate ring tones for sms i get an even more really loud beep in my ear 2 end of calls i HATE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    everytime you end a call it makes a sound. The pre has always done that
    This is so cool! Little touches like this really make WebOS classy. But what if you have the ringer switch off, what then...it vibrates?
    Quote Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
    it's not just a sound, it's like part of a song..a little melody if you will. hard to describe but it's not just that end tone that i'm used to.
    This could actually be a really cool patch, a little jingle or the first measure of a random show tune whenever you end a call. I bet the iPhone doesn't do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    This is so cool! Little touches like this really make WebOS classy. But what if you have the ringer switch off, what then...it vibrates?
    I *always* have the ringer switch off so I've not noticed any tones. In fact, I don't think I would recognise the ring tone if I had it on.

I don't get any vibration when hanging up a call, in fact I always find myself staring at the screen to convince myself it has hung up.

That said, I'm still on 1.1.3 here in the UK so things may change when we get upgraded.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGoerke View Post
    well i know if i have my BT Headset on i get a beep threw the headset that i never used to get, it used to do the generic system beep sound! & finally when they release separate ring tones for sms i get an even more really loud beep in my ear 2 end of calls i HATE IT!
    + 1

This new "feature" sux! And on the great new feature of tapping ten times to open a link in the browser and I say "bravo!" with a sarcastic hand clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    I bet the iPhone doesn't do that!
    You'd have to have reception to place a call to end in the first place... There's a map for that
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    You'd have to have reception to place a call to end in the first place... There's a map for that
    Careful, AT&T might decide to sue you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Careful, AT&T might decide to sue you too.
    Yea, wouldn't wanna be caught telling the truth now would we
    I had a post on this not too long before the 1.3.1 update. It was about this alert to let you know that you just ended a call that you yourself tapped the end button to hang up!! I guess I need a reminder that I just hung up my call.

BUT wait, there's more. I believe someone told me that the alert was when the caller on the other end was the one to have hung up first. So even if we (Pre users) hit the end call icon, the alert noise that the call was terminated would be played if the other caller ended their call a few milliseconds before us showing that they hung up first, I guess so we can see that it was not the Pre's fault, even though there is a Dropped Call notification.

Also, if the Pre gets an incoming call, and then the call ends, the phone app closes. I'm not sure how I feel about that feature, like if the phone app should stay open.

Not sure what point I'm trying to show here, but enjoy the info. Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    This could actually be a really cool patch, a little jingle or the first measure of a random show tune whenever you end a call. I bet the iPhone doesn't do that!
    it's actually pretty annoying when you're phone is on silent and you're in a quiet environment and your phone makes a stupid noise.
    I'd like to be able to initiate a tune during a phone conversation, kinda like how they stop long speeches at Emmies or the Oscars. "Oooh, sorry, you're time is up". Where's that app?

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    You get a tone? It's not m:Vampire, but it's definitely time to worry— it means the NSA (or the DOD) is tapping your line.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ^^ Joke.