Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with my SMS messages on my Pre. Every message (sent & received) now has a annoyingly large gray "button" directly beneath the text that was sent. I upgraded to 1.3.1 this morning and redid all of my tweaks under QuickInstall (version 2.9). Now there is a big gray bar in all of my SMS messages that won't go away. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help me get rid of this dang thing? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!
    Doctor it.

I would help if you provided a screenshot though. (orange + sym + p)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Here is a screen shot...

Doctoring it is the last thing I want to do.

messaging_2009-18-11_225216.png
    that is...weird...
    I'm not experiencing that on my phone and I've never seen anything like that before.
    Another poster had the same problem. You'll have to doctor or wait for an updated repair utility.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    What project are you working on?

Anyway, did you update to 1.3 and possibly forgot to delete an sms patch? Does the button do anything?
    I once had a problem with my text messages. (patch gone bad, and I did not backup)

what I did was, grabbed webosdoctor, unrar'ed the files..

then I replaced the ENTIRE apps.com.pal.messaging (something like that, forget the exact messaging name) folder.

I relplaced all files from the messaging folder and not just single files
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NCole View Post
    I am having a problem with my SMS messages on my Pre. Every message (sent & received) now has a annoyingly large gray "button" directly beneath the text that was sent. I upgraded to 1.3.1 this morning and redid all of my tweaks under QuickInstall (version 2.9). Now there is a big gray bar in all of my SMS messages that won't go away. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help me get rid of this dang thing? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!
    This is something left over from either a theme or a previous patch. I had the same problem when I updated to 1.3.1 but my wife didn't. This is how I knew something wasn't right with my phone. This was even after using EPR BEFORE I updated to 1.3.1. Since I didn't know what patch was left behind, I ended up using doc to fix it. Sucks but this is part of the game you play when you patch.
    Did you try removing all the patches and rebooting the pre?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    whoops double post
    Last edited by MLJones8; 11/19/2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  12.    #12  
    No, the button does not do anything. It "gets darker" when I press it (like, say, the voicemail button in the phone application does when it is pressed), but has not functionality.

Project = Financial Analysis projects. Fun fun fun.

I will have to wait until the weekend to Doc this bad boy up. I don't really have the time (or patients) to do it during the week. I will let you all know if it works.

And mizzou fan, I just gotta say it. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!! GO KU!!! (but thank you for your input/advice)
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. not a major one, but annoying to see when I'm texting. thanks to all for the guidance.
    I have the same issue. It's not really a huge deal. I did make the mistake of running the update without removing patches and themes. I was able to get rid of most of my issues, but this seems to be the last one hanging around. I've only had mine for 2 weeks and just started experimenting with tweaks. I guess I can Doctor it tomorrow. I won't lose much.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    DO NOT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!
    I had the same gray bars in the messaging, very annoying.

I would not doctor your phone until Palm Corrects the issue with Backup You will lose all of your calendars, memos, contacts about the only thing it will restore is apps from the app catalog.

Still waiting to hear back from Palm on this issue.
    You can doctor it or wait for WebOS Repair Utility... Doctor would be fastest way (WebDR 1.3.1 is now available)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Really, people... one little problem and you guys run to the doctor. There is no need to run WEBOS Doctor for this.

i had the exact same problem, but i think it was due to the fact that i had patches installed and had made manual modifications to my messaging.css file within /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/ AND chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $within$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/ $in$ $the$ $previous$ $version$ $of$ $WEBOS$. $I$ $ran$ $the$ $update$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $and$ $then$ $ran$ $EPR$ $afterwards$. $I$ $guess$ $EPR$ $didn$'$t$ $like$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $I$ $had$ $manual$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $files$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $guessing$ $running$ $EPR$ $uninstalled$ $some$ $patches$ $and$ $half$ $reverted$ $to$ $my$ $previous$ $file$. $Thats$ $when$ $I$ $got$ $the$ $unclickable$ &$quot$;$buttons$&$quot$;.

Replace the current messaging.css and chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $files$ $with$ $the$ $clean$ $1$.$3$.$1$. $files$ $and$ $that$ $should$ $resolve$ $your$ $problem$. $You$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $obtain$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $the$ $stock$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $files$ $which$ $hopefully$ $you$ $made$ $backups$ $of$ $them$ $before$ $you$ $started$ $modding$ $your$ $1$.$3$.$1$.
    Last edited by turbooxide; 11/19/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    DO NOT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

I would not doctor your phone until Palm Corrects the issue with Backup You will lose all of your calendars, memos, contacts about the only thing it will restore is apps from the app catalog.

First of all, not everyone is losing thier contacts. I can not speak for the other data you mentioned because I do not know for sure what the backup is supposed to backup other than contacts. However, I use Google for my contacts and my calendar and so I did not lose any of that info. Anything that is saved on the USB device is suseptable to being deleted so they just need to make a copy of that someplace and they are good.

That said, feel free to wait for Palm to find the issue with teh black bar. You will be waiting for a very long time because it has nothing to do with Palm. This is due to patches and or themes that did not correctly remove from your device. Reread my first post. Again, let me be clear. Palm is not at fault for the black bar in messenger. That is entirely due to either a badly removed patch or theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    DO NOT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

If you are worried about the backup, copy the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file from the Pre (using webOS QI or Internalz), Doctor your phone, and the copy that file BACK on to your phone. As long as you are using the same webOS version before/after the Doctor, this will restore your PIMS data exactly as you left it. I just did this earlier today and it worked out fine. It even backed up your SMS messages!
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Really, people... one little problem and you guys run to the doctor. There is no need to run WEBOS Doctor for this.

i had the exact same problem, but i think it was due to the fact that i had patches installed and had made manual modifications to my messaging.css file within /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/ AND chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $within$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/ $in$ $the$ $previous$ $version$ $of$ $WEBOS$. $I$ $ran$ $the$ $update$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $and$ $then$ $ran$ $EPR$ $afterwards$. $I$ $guess$ $EPR$ $didn$'$t$ $like$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $I$ $had$ $manual$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $files$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $guessing$ $running$ $EPR$ $uninstalled$ $some$ $patches$ $and$ $half$ $reverted$ $to$ $my$ $previous$ $file$. $Thats$ $when$ $I$ $got$ $the$ $unclickable$ &$quot$;$buttons$&$quot$;.

Replace the current messaging.css and chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $files$ $with$ $the$ $clean$ $1$.$3$.$1$. $files$ $and$ $that$ $should$ $resolve$ $your$ $problem$. $You$ $just$ $have$ $to$ $obtain$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $the$ stock 1.3.1 files which hopefully you made backups of them before you started modding your 1.3.1.

TurboOxide: What did you mean by "stock 1.3.1 files"?
    Could I download a fresh copy of WebOS Doctor 1.3.1, find the files using 7zip, extract then apply them?

Thanks for your post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast