Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Really, people... one little problem and you guys run to the doctor. There is no need to run WEBOS Doctor for this.
    Extracting, identifying, and replacing the files is a tedious process and most people would not be able to accomplish it without specific, detailed instructions. Anyone can run webOS Doctor and the issue will be fixed. We don't recommend the Doctor out of stupidity, but rather for the sake of simplicity and effectiveness.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Extracting, identifying, and replacing the files is a tedious process and most people would not be able to accomplish it without specific, detailed instructions. Anyone can run webOS Doctor and the issue will be fixed. We don't recommend the Doctor out of stupidity, but rather for the sake of simplicity and effectiveness.
    It depends on the situation... If it was a general WEBOS issue, then it could very well be a very tedious task to identify where the issue is. As tedious as it may be to extracting and replacing two files in this scenario would be FAR less tedious than running webos doctor for 1.2., upgrading back to 1.3.1, and then replacing all your apps/homebrew/mods one by one and relinking all your contacts. It kinda like knowing you have a plumbing issue in a bathroom. You know its isolated in the bathroom and don't know what the problem is... are you going to tear down your house and rebuild it ground up... every time you run into an issue?

[rant]NOT to start a debate, but it seems like nearly every thread I see where someone is posting a problem, everyone jumps on the "RUN WEBOS DOCTOR" bandwagon and pollute the forums with the obvious last-resort option. It gets really annoying when I'm looking for a solution and I find the same problem someone else is running into, only to have to wade through 2 or 3 pages of "Um, I don't know the answer, so I'm just going to post RUN WEBOS DOCTOR for the sake of posting a 'solution'". If you don't have a solution directly addressing the problem, don't post. If someone has gone as far as installing patches on their phone, they probably know that WEBOS Doctor is a last resort option[/rant]
    Last edited by turbooxide; 11/20/2009 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RikM View Post
    TurboOxide: What did you mean by "stock 1.3.1 files"?
    Could I download a fresh copy of WebOS Doctor 1.3.1, find the files using 7zip, extract then apply them?

Thanks for your post.
    I don't know if WEBOS Doctor 1.3.1 is out yet. If the new emulator is out, you could extract it from the emulator.

PM'ed you..
    Last edited by turbooxide; 11/20/2009 at 06:16 AM.
    I have the same issue, a big gray button in each of my text messages. Not sure exactly when it started, but I really don't want to have to go through installing all of my patches again.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    It depends on the situation... If it was a general WEBOS issue, then it could very well be a very tedious task to identify where the issue is. As tedious as it may be to extracting and replacing two files in this scenario would be FAR less tedious than running webos doctor for 1.2., upgrading back to 1.3.1, and then replacing all your apps/homebrew/mods one by one and relinking all your contacts. It kinda like knowing you have a plumbing issue in a bathroom. You know its isolated in the bathroom and don't know what the problem is... are you going to tear down your house and rebuild it ground up... every time you run into an issue?

[rant]NOT to start a debate, but it seems like nearly every thread I see where someone is posting a problem, everyone jumps on the "RUN WEBOS DOCTOR" bandwagon and pollute the forums with the obvious last-resort option. It gets really annoying when I'm looking for a solution and I find the same problem someone else is running into, only to have to wade through 2 or 3 pages of "Um, I don't know the answer, so I'm just going to post RUN WEBOS DOCTOR for the sake of posting a 'solution'". If you don't have a solution directly addressing the problem, don't post. If someone has gone as far as installing patches on their phone, they probably know that WEBOS Doctor is a last resort option[/rant]
    Well if you want to take the time to hunt down files, explain to Joe Somebody how to extract files from webOS Doctor and copy them to their Pre, and hope to goodness that they don't screw something up worse than it already was and then come *****ing to YOU because "they're your instructions so it's your fault" then go right ahead. But please, until they make you a mod, don't tell me or anyone else what we can and can't post.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I agree dr's a last resort for me. Could you give more detailed instructions though?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahubbard View Post
    I agree dr's a last resort for me. Could you give more detailed instructions though?

Thanks.
    Use Jason's Repair Utility.... please read up on it before use. Simply put it will restore your Palm back to how it was before you went around messing with things w/o actually erasing your entire palm.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I used EPR to remove patches, then I reset pre. Then I removed my theme. Then I ran webosdoctor. When it was done, my default icons were back to normal, my carrier script went back to "sprint" and those pesky gray bars were gone and I have my forward function back! YIPPY!!! To anyone who still have a problem, try exactly what I did and it should work!!!
    I had the same issue with the gray bars... When Palm updated from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1, it corrected itself (and removed all my previously installed patches).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12