Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    cause an extended battery will give you more battery life....hence a fix to ur problem.

is it the update? Maybe is it not also a possibility. But for few to experience this problem is nothin close to an epidemic. Maybe it is yahoo I'm and emails. I have yet to see someone reply back sayin they have low battery wit no yahoo at all.

I have worse battery @ have not touched the yahoo acct. i haven't even checked to se if it is really there because wait for it, wait.. oh oh yeah I DOT'N HAVE A YAHOO ACCT! The whole point was NOTHING CHANGED! No user habits have changed the only difference is the update! Say my car gets 25 miles a gallon & i go to chevron to get gas only! i drive the same 20 miles every day same route same traffic, yeah there may be some minor variances but well say next week i go to el cheapo gas & i start to get 15 miles a gallon, same route, same speeds same everything, i woudl understand variances of 1-2 miles a gallon depending on weather & traffic lights but i woudl say there is an issue if i loose 10 mpg efficiency! That is what is happening!
  2.    #22  
    As the OP, I must say that I am seeing an improvment on the battery life over the last two days. I have completely removed all Yahoo accounts except my two old email accounts which I have pulling once every 24 hours. I plan to re-introduce Yahoo in contacts and messenger in a day or two and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

For those who are seeing extremely high current drain all the time,
    try turning off data and see if it gets better.
    If it does, then it's gotta be some app trying to access the network
    all the time. Look to make sure email account profiles haven't
    switched to push ("as emails arrive"). Check your messaging
    profiles and see if there are any active IM accounts. Try going
    offline, if you're not already.

ian

How do you check if the email is switched to push?

My battery drain is not bad until I check my email for the first time, then all of a sudden it drains at araid rate.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    As the OP, I must say that I am seeing an improvment on the battery life over the last two days. I have completely removed all Yahoo accounts except my two old email accounts which I have pulling once every 24 hours. I plan to re-introduce Yahoo in contacts and messenger in a day or two and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted
    Yahoo contacts seems to be a serious battery sucker.
    Y!M is ok, when it works at all.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    How do you check if the email is switched to push?
    Go to Email - Preferences & Accounts and tap on each profile.
    See if the get email item is set to - As Items Arrive or to some poll interval.
    As Items Arrive is "push". It'll keep the network active more often
    which drains the battery faster. I use a 30 minute poll and never have
    any problems with email.

ian
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Question - could the fact that Google contacts and calendar syncronization occurs every 2 hours be a cause of higher battery drain?
    I deleted Yahoo contacts, IM and calender and have seen much improved battery life.
    I was at 96% when I went to bed last night and am at 60% almost 15 hours later.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poidogger View Post
    Question - could the fact that Google contacts and calendar syncronization occurs every 2 hours be a cause of higher battery drain?
    Nope.

ian
    just to update, i ran battery test and shows no difference before and after 1.3.1 update
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12