Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Throughout webOS, scrolling indicates the end by bouncing. I find this more distracting than helpful.

    I think the degree of bouncing is excessive, and this is especially felt on launcher pages when I just want it to come to a stop already so I can tap an icon.

    In general, given so much lag and lack of hardware acceleration the bouncy behavior is more frustrating than helpful. Palm would do well to minimize it and making it more intelligent (example: diagonal scrolling yanking pages way off to the sides)

    Thoughts?
  2. #2  
    Completely agree. Patchers, can you help us?
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  3. #3  
    this is how picky ppl are? I see that we take patchers and homebrew for granted.

    in this case can someone make my pre UI extra bouncier plz
  4. #4  
    I like the bouncing.
  5. #5  
    When the UI lags a bit and you have to wait for the bouncing to return to its rested position for you to be able to click on a UI element, it is VERY beneficial to have them be VERY short bounces.
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  6. #6  
    I agree it could be tweaked. You might want to take a look at /etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf

    I'm not sure what any of the fields mean, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  7. #7  
    I love the bounce!!....so much better than android where scroll lists abruptly stops at the end...that instant stop was so irritating to me when I tried the Hero man I just had to put that thing down it just didnt feel right all stiff and unnatural....

    the bounce makes the pre seem more alive like its in the real world where objects do actually bounce when they hit the ground as opposed to stopping and sticking on the ground exactly where they are at.

    I dont mind the diagonal scrolling in the browser either....I guess I enjoy flexibility!...Sivan youre just not ready for this new style of touchscreen technology you need to go back to an old blackberry scrollwheel so you wont be disoriented by bounces and diagonal movements when youre trying to select an icon or link lol!

    And all you ever talk about is lag, lag, and more lag!...are you sure you updated to 1.3.1 because my pre is wicked fast now....idk dude maybe the pre gods just love me?...well good luck with adjusting to the pre way hope you get some satisfaction from your phone one day peace!
  8. #8  
    It isnt that we dont like the bounce, it is the AMOUNT of bounce that annoys us.
    Developer of:

    -------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  9. #9  
    I'm one to agree that the bounce can be frustrating, especially during lag times when the phone freezes up and it starts bouncing slowly and I need to wait for it to stop before I can click an app
  10. #10  
    I think we have much bigger probs w/this phone than the bounce.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I think we have much bigger probs w/this phone than the bounce.
    It's the small things that add up to general frustration even if you can't name them exactly.
  12.    #12  
    Beyond the disorienting moves and lags, the launcher is unresponsive to taps. That's why we really have to wait.

    This is different from the browser, which stays responsive to taps while scrolling. So there is an expectation that a tap in the launcher will respond, but it doesn't.

    This inconsistency needs to be fixed.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Beyond the disorienting moves and lags, the launcher is unresponsive to taps. That's why we really have to wait.

    This is different from the browser, which stays responsive to taps while scrolling. So there is an expectation that a tap in the launcher will respond, but it doesn't.

    This inconsistency needs to be fixed.
    I understand. And clicking small links 5 to 8 times IN the browser is driving me crazy too. Believe me.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/23/2009 at 01:19 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I understand. And clicking small links 5 to 8 times IN the browser is driving me crazy too. Believe me.
    I know, there's a separate thread for that. Please keep this on topic.
  15. #15  
    k
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    this is how picky ppl are? I see that we take patchers and homebrew for granted.

    in this case can someone make my pre UI extra bouncier plz
    Since we're asking for custom patches (but we're not picky, that would make us bigots...), how about one that has certain parts of the screen jiggle when it bounces???

    You could even have multiple sized jiggles for different tastes...
  17. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Since we're asking for custom patches (but we're not picky, that would make us bigots...), how about one that has certain parts of the screen jiggle when it bounces???

    You could even have multiple sized jiggles for different tastes...
    LMAO
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    LMAO
    +1 !!
  19.    #19  
    This is the stuff that makes people feel that iPhone "just works". A big part of how the iPhone's captivates users is in the interaction with the UI appearing like magic--always responsive, smooth and polished.

    A user may not be able to name exactly what doesn't feel right, but it registers.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    This is the stuff that makes people feel that iPhone "just works". A big part of how the iPhone's captivates users is in the interaction with the UI appearing like magic--always responsive, smooth and polished.

    A user may not be able to name exactly what doesn't feel right, but it registers.
    I completely agree with you, Sivan. Palm needs to step it up, and quickly, before they lose all of us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions