Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree 100%.
    a small bounce that keeps the apps clickable at all times.
    On my Pre the bounce in the launcher is proportional to how hard I flick it. So the more impatient you are, the harder you're probably flicking to get to the end of the page faster, and the worse the bounce is. These things are subtle, but they register an impression on your Pre that affects the way it responds to you...

Last edited by ktessner; 11/23/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    It's the small things that add up to general frustration even if you can't name them exactly.

I can name them, there called windows mobile.

zing!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    On my Pre the bounce in the launcher is proportional to how hard I flick it. So the more impatient you are, the harder you're probably flicking to get to the end of the page faster, and the worse the bounce is. These things are subtle, but they register an impression on your Pre that affects the way it responds to you...

The UI should do one thing: help me do things efficiently. Right now it's too busy animating and lagging.
    solving launcher bounce "problem"

get more launcher pages patch and position your icons horizontally across more pages....use the swipe gesture to navigate the launcher....you will never need to scroll down in launcher mode so no bounce....

if you use this along with 4x4 icons patch you can get 16 icons on each no bounce launcher page!!

or

scroll slower for less bounce

or

get an iphone it's so perfect....
  6.    #26  
    I didn't ask about patches or which phone to get.

Again, I'm pointing out design and implementation problems in webOS UI.
  7.    #27  
    Another difficulty with the Launcher, which I believe is new with 1.3.1 is that the launcher appears quickly, but takes some time to fully load. You can tell when it's fully loaded by the appearance of the Launcher menu.

During loading the launcher is unresponsive to taps and scrolls, which creates frustration. If it can't respond it should be grayed out (covered by a scrim).
  8.    #28  
    Okay. The scenario under which the Launcher lags is right after dismissing a card. We do this all the time: swipe a card off screen and open the launcher to tap an icon.

But unfortunately it seems that Launcher lags while the last app exits and is unresponsive to taps and scroll motions.

It's a small thing, but we do it numerous times a day and it contributes to the frustration with lags.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12