Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've heard of people who traveled internationally with a 1st gen iPhone, and getting home to find a huge international roaming bill. I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I need to make sure before I travel next week: it is okay if I leave my Pre on Airplane Mode all week while I'm overseas, right? I won't rack up any international roaming bills? While I'm in a WiFi zone, I can still use the WiFi connecting, but just not the cellular connection, right?

Just being a nervous nellie about this. No way I can afford a few hundred dollars in international roaming charges when I get home.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Don't worry.. your phone doesnt' work in Europe.

And in areas where sprint *does* roam (mainly mexico/canada/some asian countries), then the data is 1/10th the price of at&t's..

-m
    Correct.

If you do leave the phone on and you are somewhere it works, such as some places in the Caribbean, you can find out the prices of each call and each KB of data by looking it up on Sprint's Web site. It is not cheap, so I recommend you leave it off except in case of a real emergency.
    I just came back from vacation about a week ago. I went to Mexico for two weeks. All this time I had my phone on. I had called sprint before to enable Int roaming. By default the pre has data roaming off and you have to enable it for it to work. I enabled it a few time to check email and the bill was not bad.
    Leave the phone is airplane mode and use wifi. You will have no additional charges on your Sprint bill. I have just returned from five weeks in France with my Sprint Palm Pre, obviously no phone service, but used wifi extensively.
    Hope this helps.
    Bill
    You can always try gdialer.
    yeah just keep it on wifi with airplane mode.

BUT!!! DONT EVER PARTIAL RESET OR HARD RESET YOUR PHONE!

You will never be able to use it again if you do. Coz it needs to be in a SPrint Network to be activated so you will essentially have a brick if you do.

Forgive the ALL CAPS. Just made that terrible mistake overseas and i was Pre-less for several days.

Just remindin..
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    yeah just keep it on wifi with airplane mode.

BUT!!! DONT EVER PARTIAL RESET OR HARD RESET YOUR PHONE!

You will never be able to use it again if you do. Coz it needs to be in a SPrint Network to be activated so you will essentially have a brick if you do.

Forgive the ALL CAPS. Just made that terrible mistake overseas and i was Pre-less for several days.

Just remindin..
    Ummm... ok. So does the "power button/mute on-off 3 times" count as a partial reset or hard reset? I don't know if it's normal, but my phone freezes up once a day or so. If that's a problem, I'll just take my old Treo along strictly as a PDA and leave my Pre turned off until I return to the States.