Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by femphenom View Post
    This may not be the right place, so excuse the newbie here. I downloaded the new WebOSInstall to re-tweak my pre with the new 1.3.1 OS. During my tweaking, I accidentally hit the EPR button. Now all of the tweaks have been "removed" but not really. Can I run the OSRepairUtility to fix this?
    What do you mean "not really"? If EPR ran, the patches have really been removed. You have to reinstall them.
  2.    #82  
    This may not be the right place, so excuse the newbie here. I downloaded the new WebOSInstall to re-tweak my pre with the new 1.3.1 OS. During my tweaking, I accidentally hit the EPR button. Now all of the tweaks have been "removed" but not really. Can I run the OSRepairUtility to fix this?
    Hitting the EPR button removes all of your patches. WebOSRepairUtility just repairs files that are different than the standard WebOSDoctor image. It is not a repair utility for WebOSQuickInstall. Hopefully this makes sense. You will need to add all of the tweaks back manually.

EDIT: I think I might understand actually what is happening here. Are you saying you ran EPR and it removed your tweaks but they still show they are installed? Is that was is happening?
    Last edited by bpdamas; 11/23/2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: I think I understand
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening! Can it be fixed?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Hitting the EPR button removes all of your patches. WebOSRepairUtility just repairs files that are different than the standard WebOSDoctor image. It is not a repair utility for WebOSQuickInstall. Hopefully this makes sense. You will need to add all of the tweaks back manually.

EDIT: I think I might understand actually what is happening here. Are you saying you ran EPR and it removed your tweaks but they still show they are installed? Is that was is happening?
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening, can it be fixed?
  5.    #85  
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening, can it be fixed?
    This might actually be a better question to post in the WebOSQuickInstall forum found here. I would search that thread first for some key items.

Ultimately here is what I would try. First, are your patches still installed and working? If not, it just sounds like the checkboxes are still checked. Trying deleting the WebOSQuickInstall .jar file and re-downloading it. See if that helps. Second, if that does not work, try (with your phone plugged into your computer and just charge selected) unchecking then rechecking all of the tweak boxes you previously had checked. Then click the restart Luna button. Lastly, if all else fails, you could always run the WebOSDoctor. I know that answer is not what most want to hear but it is sometimes the only solution.
    I would really like to know if the Doctor is curing all the problems that have been occuring with this update, like Exchange sync issues, battery problems, Yahoo issues....I am willing to take the plunge if I knew I could fix any problems by using the doctor. Otherwise I'm sticking with 1.2.1.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Ultimately here is what I would try. First, are your patches still installed and working? If not, it just sounds like the checkboxes are still checked. Trying deleting the WebOSQuickInstall .jar file and re-downloading it. See if that helps. Second, if that does not work, try (with your phone plugged into your computer and just charge selected) unchecking then rechecking all of the tweak boxes you previously had checked. Then click the restart Luna button. Lastly, if all else fails, you could always run the WebOSDoctor. I know that answer is not what most want to hear but it is sometimes the only solution.
    I am going to check the WebOSInstall thread, but wanted to just wrap up with saying that some of the patches are still working, while some of them are not. But the check boxes in the WebOsInstall app are all gone. So, if I try to reinstall/recheck I get errors like it's already there. Thanks so much for your help.
  8.    #88  
    I am going to check the WebOSInstall thread, but wanted to just wrap up with saying that some of the patches are still working, while some of them are not. But the check boxes in the WebOsInstall app are all gone. So, if I try to reinstall/recheck I get errors like it's already there. Thanks so much for your help.
    When you accidentally ran the EPR, were there any errors? Did you let it finish completely? Have you tried the WebOSRepairUtility? It sounds like that might help your issue.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    When you accidentally ran the EPR, were there any errors? Did you let it finish completely? Have you tried the WebOSRepairUtility? It sounds like that might help your issue.
    Yes, it finished completely and it did not show any errors. I tried the new WebOSRepairUtility and it did not work as far as removing the tweaks. It's really strange since some of them do get removed, but for some reason PreWare and WebOSInstall still see code there. It's like it's not doing a clean uninstall when you choose EPR. I wish I new how to read code! I can understand what might be happening, but no clue as to how to fix it. Looking for help from the geniuses/experts here.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Why would one use WebOS Doctor, especially the latest?

I ask this because I don't know, I'm new to all of this.

Thanks.
  11.    #91  
    Yes, it finished completely and it did not show any errors. I tried the new WebOSRepairUtility and it did not work as far as removing the tweaks. It's really strange since some of them do get removed, but for some reason PreWare and WebOSInstall still see code there. It's like it's not doing a clean uninstall when you choose EPR. I wish I new how to read code! I can understand what might be happening, but no clue as to how to fix it. Looking for help from the geniuses/experts here.
    I have ran into similar issues and honestly, it might just be easier to run WebOSDoctor and be done with it. Although, I am somewhat surprised WebOSRepairUtility did not work for you. Did you run it with the override compatibility checked.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    Why would one use WebOS Doctor, especially the latest?

I ask this because I don't know, I'm new to all of this.

Thanks.
    You would use WebOSDoctor if you do something to your Pre that is causing problems that you don't know how to fix. What it does is wipe your Pre clean to factory settings. This will solve most if not all of software issues by using this tool. You could also use it if something gets screwed up on its own and there is no way to fix it. With any software there are always bugs and problems, this just helps wipe any of those problems away. If you run WebOSDoctor to fix a problem you are having and it still doesn't fix it, more than likely it is a problem with the actual hardware.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Since the OTA upgrade 1.3.1 I have been having weird issues with my e-mail and just all around strange behavior. I first did a complete wipe via the phone itself (no doctor). Palm profile did not sync back correctly and none of my contacts that were on the palm profile came back. So I decided to try and doctor. I have tried on three different computers to use the doctor but the doctor never sees the phone as being connected. I am able to put it into USB Storage mode and the PC finds it as storage, but the doctor never sees the device. I am wondering if this has anything to do with with MyTeather being installed and changing anything.... Does anyone have any ideas?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by djhspawn View Post
    Since the OTA upgrade 1.3.1 I have been having weird issues with my e-mail and just all around strange behavior. I first did a complete wipe via the phone itself (no doctor). Palm profile did not sync back correctly and none of my contacts that were on the palm profile came back. So I decided to try and doctor. I have tried on three different computers to use the doctor but the doctor never sees the phone as being connected. I am able to put it into USB Storage mode and the PC finds it as storage, but the doctor never sees the device. I am wondering if this has anything to do with with MyTeather being installed and changing anything.... Does anyone have any ideas?
    Probably does not have to do with MyTether. Here's what to do. Get to the screen on your desktop when running WebOSDoctor that has the next button unable to be clicked and where it says connect your device. Take the battery out of your phone. Hold down the volume up button. Connect the usb cable to your phone. Insert the battery. Power on the Pre (holding the volume up button the entire time). The next button should be able to be clicked now. Click it. Once the doctor starts running you can release the volume up button.

If for some reason it fails or cannot reset your phone. Try the exact same procedure. For whatever reason, I have had a couple times when the doctor couldn't reset my phone. I just ran it again using the same method and it worked like a charm.
    Try a different browser and see if that helps. Also, here is just the text of the link.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Thanks BPDAMAS. With Ubuntu Firefox, Java automatically runs the doctor from the jnlp link rather than downloading it. The link you provided allows it to be downloaded.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345