Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Hmm, I see a GSM/UMTS and CDMA firmwares in there. This might have a shot at working on GSM Pre's.
    All the Sprint updates so far work with the GSM Pre. Sadly in 1.3.1 Palm changed the data settings and the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 hack isn't working for me anymore. If anybody has some info on that please let me know.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    excellent. I too have been having a few small issues where I knew I could wait it out for the new webOS Doctor be delivered
    weird. This doctor does not wipe out the entire drive. My music and photos stayed on the phone after the doctor.
    seriously??? That would be sweet and easily doctorable if that's the case
  6.    #26  
    Maybe that actually means that music and photos are now backed up to the Palm Profile. Anyone want to test and confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    seriously??? That would be sweet and easily doctorable if that's the case
    me too i just started a thread on this. i should have searched but i was in a state of shock
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Maybe that actually means that music and photos are now backed up to the Palm Profile. Anyone want to test and confirm?
    There's absolutely no way that up to 7GB of music is being backed up via the Palm Profile.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's absolutely no way that up to 7GB of music is being backed up via the Palm Profile.
    Probably right. It was late last night and I wasn't thinking straight. Maybe the Doctor just overlooks those files somehow? Can anyone else confirm that this is the case. I will try and test it later today or tomorrow but if someone else wants to jump in feet first, be my guest.
    o2 running sprint 1.3.1. So far so good
    Thank You!
    no way its backed up. i only have 1xRTT in my area and i would have still been doctoring by now.

btw, even the classicapps folder was untouched. as well as the ringtone folder (had mp3 files there that i put in).

all in all though the phone is working well.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    no way its backed up. i only have 1xRTT in my area and i would have still been doctoring by now.

btw, even the classicapps folder was untouched. as well as the ringtone folder (had mp3 files there that i put in).

all in all though the phone is working well.
    I'm confused. You are talking about updating your phone right? Not using the WebOSDoctor, right? Or did you update your phone using the WebOSDoctor?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    weird. This doctor does not wipe out the entire drive. My music and photos stayed on the phone after the doctor.
    So what EXACTLY did you lose? Apps? Contacts? Call Logs? texts? Settings?

I can't see the update and been holding out doing an earse to try to get it to update, but if this doesn't delete certain info, I may just doctor it.
    yes I would really like that info as well. Does the doc. erase all info or what if it leaves the contacts alone and music I will just doctor my phone as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I wonder what happens if you somehow screw up your USB partition by modifying permissions or something like that. There are times when I would want the good doctor to just obliterate everything and start over.

Perhaps it can check those things and only reformat if necessary.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I had been having issues with 1.3.1 going the 1.2.1 -> 1.3.1 OTA route, so I tried WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 today. I am surprised to see a whole new experience when setting up my phone. I was presented with a list of ALL my accounts that sync, and to re-enter all the passwords. I like that I could do this in a single, consolidated list, rather that jumping all around various preference pages.

Also, it seems snappier than when I did the previous 4 attempts with the OTA. I was having issues with losing signal, even in 5-bar EVDO areas. It was highly frustrating.

I really hope this takes care of my issues.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I had been having issues with 1.3.1 going the 1.2.1 -> 1.3.1 OTA route, so I tried WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 today. I am surprised to see a whole new experience when setting up my phone. I was presented with a list of ALL my accounts that sync, and to re-enter all the passwords. I like that I could do this in a single, consolidated list, rather that jumping all around various preference pages.

Also, it seems snappier than when I did the previous 4 attempts with the OTA. I was having issues with losing signal, even in 5-bar EVDO areas. It was highly frustrating.

I really hope this takes care of my issues.
    But did it keep personal files like photos and music the way some have stated???
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thank you so much!
    I was hoping someone would post this.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    But did it keep personal files like photos and music the way some have stated???
    Yes it did. Keep in mind, I just webos-doctored FROM a 1.3.1 OTA. I cannot tell you for sure how a 1.2.1 -> 1.3.1 doctor would go.
    no 'Thanks'
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast