1.    #1  
    I just updated my pre to webOS 1.3.1 and I went into preware, and I could not get a any of my patches (timestamps, battery percentage, text messages in new window etc) to install it kept giving me the ipkg message. And the message it provides when I view the log is " failed errorgenericmethodexception: failure during"install" operation. and it also gave me a ipkg download error in the log as well. can anyone please help me. I did the emergency removal as instructed before I did the webos update. I really need and miss all my patchess!!!!????
    do you need to upgrade preware for 1.3.1 compatibility?

have the patches been updated for 1.3.1 compatibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    I just updated my pre to webOS 1.3.1 and I went into preware, and I could not get a any of my patches (timestamps, battery percentage, text messages in new window etc) to install it kept giving me the ipkg message. And the message it provides when I view the log is " failed errorgenericmethodexception: failure during"install" operation. and it also gave me a ipkg download error in the log as well. can anyone please help me. I did the emergency removal as instructed before I did the webos update. I really need and miss all my patchess!!!!????
    Having the same problem
    Same problem here. Upgraded to 1.3.1 on Saturday and I was installing patches just fine until today. All patches were 1.3.1 compatible. Tried several different ones and all failed.
    open the application menu in Preware and select "Update Feeds".
    This should solve your problems.
    I unistalled Preware and reinstalled it, then was able to load themes. I have not been able to get the Virtual keyboard even after it was updated and available through Preware, any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    open the application menu in Preware and select "Update Feeds".
    This should solve your problems.
    This did not work. Thank you, though.
    I updated my wife's Pre last night (she was tired of the notices). The patches (silent dt+haptic, date/time, ...I forget what else) didn't activate immediately; I had to manually restart Luna. Same goes for the Family Guy theme she likes.

Virtual keyboard absolutely refused to "stick." It would say successful, restart luna, and no Vkb functionality, and in Preware it wasn't in the "Installed Patch" section.

I'm hoping it's because Preware wasn't the latest and greatest. I'm going to update mine tonight and try to get things up and running.
    Search the forums for Obsolete Virtual Keyboard for more information.
    Uninstalling Preware and then reinstalling it through WebOS Quick Install did the trick for me.
    I have a similar problem after having to do a reset to factory seeitngs after my phone refused to make a data connection. WiFi worked but nothing worked without it. Anyway it seems that I lost all my patches. Preware does not show any installed but when I try to install any of the ones I had before. I get the failed installation error that indicates the the patch already exists...anybody know how to clear this up. Tried running emergeny patch remover..says no patches to remove. Just when everything was working so nicely too.